“Comfortable and easy access to the city”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Pretoria, South Africa
“Comfortable and easy access to the city”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I returned back to this hotel in early May for 4 nights and what a difference it was from the last time I stayed there. The cleaning staff did a very good job this time on a daily basis, the breakfast was very good as always and the staff very helpful and pleasant without fail. The location of this hotel that is literally across the road from the city is a bonus with lots of good pubs in the surroundings. I would recommend it to anyone who wants the convinence of easy access to the city center.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor with easy access to the lift but no noise at all during the duration...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and could see marked improvements following your previous visit in May.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
North East England
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hotel was nice enough, room comfortable and food edible. All the staff bar one were lovely. Unfortunately the first member of staff was surly, awkward and downright rude. Sam on reception urgently needs some help with his customer service skills.

2 Thank omorphocavaliers
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I was pleased to see that you were generally happy with your stay but sorry to learn that you felt let down by one of our staff members. Please be assured that your experience on this occasion is not indicative of our usual high standards which I hope would not deter you from returning in the very near future.
Henrik Jespersen

Travelers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Mountain Ash
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions as it is ideally located for my work when in Leicester and usually my stays are fine, that is until yesterday.

Upon getting to my room i found that i had been given a twin room despite the fact that I had booked a double room and this was confirmed in the confirmation, I phoned reception to ask why I had been given a twin room and not double and was told that this was the only room available!!!! By this, I can only assume that someone who checked in earlier than me had been given my room.

At 1.45 am I was woken by the noise of loud music, at first I assumed that the music was coming from a nearby room, however after a few minutes I realised that the music was coming from the outside speakers that are connected to the music in the bar. I phoned reception to ask what time the music would stop and the person I spoke to said 'I didn't realise the music was still switched on outside'!!!! The music was switched off immediately. The thing that surprised me most though was the fact that I was staying on the 4th floor with the windows shut but I could still hear the music.

Next time I'm in Leicester I will probably try one of the nearby hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the hotel's outside sitting area.
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay, particularly as you have enjoyed many visits with us in the past.
I would ask that you accept my most sincere apologies for the confusion concerning your room type allocation and for the late night music outside the Hotel. I am sure you will agree that your experiences on this occasion are not indicative of our usual high standards and hope that you will reconsider returning to our Hotel when next in Leicester.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A reasonable walk from Leicester train station takes you to this good budget hotel. I had a room on a high floor at the end of the corridor and enjoyed the views from the floor to ceiling windows. The bed was comfortable, the TV worked well and I liked the wet room in the bathroom which provided a good spacious shower. Breakfast was good and as I always eat poached eggs in hotels I'm becoming an expert on judging their poaching skills! These were good. The staff are friendly and helpful and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd recommend being high up for a quieter room and a good view of the city.
Dear Guest
I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff hospitable. I am also glad to see that we produced excellent poached eggs for your breakfast.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before, but forgot to review previously! As budget business hotels go this one is as good as can be expected. It is ideally located in city centre, although the car park is across the road. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds (pillow was a little lumpy). Staff were helpful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I was very pleased to learn that this was a return visit for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the ramada hotel Saturday night(28-6)I found the bedrooms clean and well styled,bed was comfy,most of the essentials where there..eg..tv,kettle....but that was the end of the good points..we went back to our rooms to relax and get some sleep,but unfortunately that did not happen,we were kept up most of the night by people partying in one of the rooms till the early hours..the next morning after maybe an hours sleep we went down for breakfast around 7:45..we walked into what looked like a war zone,with one little soldier running around like her life depended on it..I was obviously angry with no sleep and no breakfast either,however this one waitress did everything she could to get a table clean and get us breakfast amongst the chaos...which she did with a smile which was difficult considering there was no other staff around to help..other than that I would stay there again...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David C

I was very pleased to learn that liked our hotel and its facilities. However I was sorry to learn that you were disturbed by other guests in the Hotel who demonstrated a disregard to other users.
I would also ask that you accept my apologies for the delays at breakfast, we were a staff member short on that morning, which did adversely effect our service.
I sincerely hope that you will not be deterred from staying with us again, when I can assure you of our every attention.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Ramada Encore in Leicester for one night as part of our company's bi-annual away day and it was great for what we were wanting. My room was clean and airy and well equipped: nice size tele, comfy bed, desk, hair dryer (although this was broken but I'd brought my own so wasn't an inconvenience), good sized bathroom with large shower and the usual toiletries.

I found the internet to be a little slow but in fairness I was trying to download a large file which probably isn't what they expect you to be doing. There's wi-fi throughout the hotel which is free and easy to get on which was really useful.

The bar downstairs was great with a nice atmosphere - the staff were friendly and the prices were reasonable so no complaints!

Breakfast was good too with a good range of choice from cooked to continental and cereals.

The location of this hotel seemed good too although I didn't venture far. Close to bars and restaurants and about a 10 minute walk from the train station.

If I went to Leicester again I would definitely stay in this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank loonylaura666
Dear Laura

Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent company away day.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked our facilities and service. I would apologise however for the fact that your hair dryer did not work.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next away day!