“Good, clean place”

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
London, United Kingdom
“Good, clean place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Room was clean and quiet. Bed was firm and comfortable. Bathroom, with shower, was fine. So quite good value.

The hospitality tray contained cheap-looking teas and coffees and very boring biscuits which I couldn't be bothered to open or even put in my bag for later on.

The coffee from the machine at breakfast time had an appalling aroma. I couldn't even sip it to try. So got myself a Nescafe sachet to make an instant coffee to have with my croissant. The croissant looked good and had the right balance of structure and flakiness. Sadly, it was tasteless. Luckily, I wasn't relying on coffee and croissants. I had toast with bacon and fried eggs - just about OK (but hotel buffet breakfasts rarely are significantly better than passable) - and made tea with one of my own bags from home when I got back up to my room.

But would stay there again. The main thing is that I got a good shower and a good night's sleep in a clean, non-pokey hotel room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of the Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to see that you liked our facilities and have noted your comments with regard to our breakfast coffee and croissants. Whilst we usually receive a great deal of praise for our breakfast sellection and quality, we will review the areas you have highlighted.

I sincerely hope that we will be able to offer you our hospitality again in the near future.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the other weekend.

From walking down the street to check in The Ramada Encore looked Very Modern And Stylish From The Outside With The Whole Glass Windows And The Nice Seating Area outside. Upon Walking Into The Hotel I was Blown Away With How Modern And Open Planned It Looked Was Fantastic. I got Greeted By Friendly Staff At The Reception Desk And Check In Was Nice And Quick And Easy. After Check In i went to my room and i have to say they kept the rooms as modern as the reception area. The Floors were laminated and the rooms was nicely set out with the desk in the corner of the room with a nice Flat screen. The bedroom was very clean and tidy. The bathroom was very nice as well with a nice power shower and plenty of towels.
After unpacking i headed back down to the reception area to get something to eat. The dining area was busy at the time with a big group but i was still able to get a table very quickly. The menu u they had was a good menu everything you could think of from steaks to just small bites that was good.
After eating went to sit in the seating area after a quick stop at the bar they have plenty of draft beers and cider and plenty of top spirits to choose from.
Heading out of the hotel for a night out the hotel is not far away from main pubs and clubs so that is always a win because it means you dont have far to stumble back lol.
Next day after woken up headed down to breakfast the breakfast is a ok price but i do have to admit it does help when its all you can eat buffet.
Check out was as quick as check in All in all this is a fantastic hotel and would return

Room Tip: 6th Floor is a nice floor 610 is away from loads of rooms so its nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for your recent review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Was staying in Leicester for a week. Checked in at night, first thing we were met with was bad customer service. The lady at the counter didn't even acknowledge our presence (yes she was on the phone with someone, however she could have made a gesture or ushered one of the several workers just standing around to attend to us).
After we got our room cards, we went to take our bags to our rooms. Absolutely no help was offered. The lifts were the size of toilet cubicles (actually london heathrow toilets were bigger than the lifts at Ramada Leicester). The rooms were quite small for a 'four/five' star hotel that we were told Ramada was. The beds oh my were horrible. You could see the imprints on the mattress without even sitting on it. Horrible spring mattresses. Our bathroom had no exhaust fan.
Small rooms, bathrooms that will end up smelling, bad beds and the only positive thing was the free wifi. We checked out the very first thing in the morning. And will never go back to it. I will give it a 2/3 star at most.

• Stayed April 2013
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent review or our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read that you did not feel the Hotel was a at a 4 / 5 star standard although I am somewhat confused as to why that was what you had expected. We are not a 4 or 5 Star Hotel. Ramada Encore is a Mid Market brand hotel.

As such our product and services are akin to a Mid Market Hotel as are our prices.

I would however apologise for the fact that our receptionist was busy on a reservation call when you checked in and agree that you should have been aknowledged. Unfortunately we do not have luggage porters although there is a large luggage trolley provided for any guests who may require it.

Our lifts are standard 630kg lifts and are suitable for 8 people. We have 3 of these lifts in all.

I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations but do hope that you now appreciate the style of Hotel that we are and where we sit in the market place.

Henrik Jespersen

Travelers are raving about these Leicester hotels

ayrshire scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business trip. We had a set menu on arrival night, was not impressed with the food. My room was good size, shower wet room was a nice surprise. Breakfast was good with lots to choose from. All in all if ever I find myself in Leicester I would stay again. Room 213
Was a goodie!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review of the Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to learn that you were dissapointed with your menu choice on the your first night but pleased to see that you liked the rest of your stay.

We are reviewing our restaurant concept at the moment so you should experience a very different product in the future.

Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip midweek. NCP car park behind the hotel was not easy to find with a satnav due to the one way system. Was told about this car park by the hotel staff and perhaps they should have mentioned how to find it. Hotel is very modern and clean, check in was pleasant. Nice room and very good shower (open plan shower in the bathroom). Breakfast was also good for this type of hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our hotel.

I was pelased to learn that you liked our rooms, wet rooms and our Breakfast.

I was sorry to learn that you expereinced some problems finding us and The NCP car park. Unfortunately some Sat Navs try and direct people along a stretch of road which has now been Pedestrianised. For future reference, the NCP sat nav post code is LE1 1TQ.

I do hope that we will see you again very soon.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Encore is in a great location, close to the station, shops and markets.
I have stayed there twice whilst visiting Bistro Live and have found the hotel to be spotlessly clean. You have everything you need in your rooms, including bathrobes and slippers, nice toiletries, coffee/tea and biscuits and a great TV with lots of channels.
The beds and pillows were really comfy and I have had an excellent nights sleep on both visits.
The breakfast was excellent with a great choice of hot and cold buffet items. The hot food is replenished when needed, so there wasn`t food stood there for ages, coffee was excellent.
The staff were friendly and helpful, the drinks were a little pricey but can be expected in a city centre hotel.
Would visit again and would reccomend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel.

I was very happy to see that you have returned for a second visit and that once again, you have had an enoyable experience.

I sincerely hope you will return for a 3rd time and many more.

San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Surprisingly comfortable. Nice, clean room, good breakfast (better than expected for a buffet), excellent location, pleasant staff. Good value for money. No complaints. I also dealt with Sadie and she was very helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that you liked our Hotel and that Sadie looked after you so well.