“Hard to beat”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I compared priced with the Travelodge and the Premier Inn, and the Ramada won hands down. Apart from anything, free wifi, albeit not very quick, is included, unlike some parsimonious others!
The hotel has only been open a year or so, so everything is still in pretty good order. It is functional, more than anything, but, as you would expect, everything works and has been well thought out.
There is an open plan reception with lounge, bar and restaurant. At over £11 for breakfast, I chose to walk the short distance to Wetherspoons Corn Exchange which costs around £4. When will hotels learn?
The room was spacious and had everything I could have needed. Plenty of plugs to recharge electronics, a nice coffee and tea tray with biscuits and a lot more TV channels than were listed in the room directory.
I opted for a room at the back of the hotel to be sure of avoiding traffic noise and it was indeed very quiet.
The bathroom features a walk in shower and, unlike some other budget chains, has shower gel and hand soap, albeit attached to the walls. It's Gilchrist and Soames.
I am not a huge fan of laminate floors, but, for a hotel, it's very functional and easier to keep clean.
On that subject, the Polish girl who was looking after my room was friendly and flexible, supplying extra tea bags and towels on request.
I have no hesitation in giving this hotel my recommendation. It's not luxury, but it is good value in a great location for theatres, shopping and restaurants and only five minutes walk from the railway station.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Michael S

Thank you so much for placing such a comprehensive review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that you liked our Hotel and that our staff looked after you so well.

I am also pleased that you found our offering to be such good value for money.

With regard to our breakfast, I do appreciate the point you have raised with regard to pricing, although the price is significantly less when purchased as part of a bed and breakfast package.

I hope that we will see you again very soon.

Sincereley

Reviewed January 8, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights as we like Leicester for shopping, it was an ideal spot few, minutes walk to shops and restaurants.The staff were friendly ,and the room was set back from a
all the o.thers so we never heard asound.Nice walk in shower also.Breakfast was plentiful but not
always warm and fresh but quite ok.There was a 25% discount on between certain times so the
food and drinks were not so expensive the evening meal we had was not too bad.But try the Thai
restaurant further up Charles st, gorgeous and not too expensive,All in all good break in the Ramada will return.

Room Tip: high floor ask for quiet room not overlooking Charles st
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would be happy to return. I would ask that you accept my apologies however with regard to the temperature of our
breakfast buffet. This is usualy not an issue for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Myself and 2 friends chose to stay here after our christmas party. We paid only £60 for the room (£20 each) which we thought was a bargain. On arriving the 3rd bed hadnt been made but within minutes 2 very helpful staff were quickly unravelling the sofa bed. We ended up with a disabled room which we wernt to bothered about as there was much more space. Very clean, cheap, friendly staff..........couldnt ask for much more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Carrie

Thank you very much indeed for placing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in December.

I was very pleased to learn that you liked our Hotel and found it to be such good value for money. I hope also that you had an enjoyable Christmas Party,

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night - check-in was excellent and the room was ready for us. The room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Halford Street pedestrian walk way. We were totally satisfied with every aspect of the room which was very clean, had a double bed, a wet room shower and ample complimentary refreshments. We were delighted with the location of the hotel as it was adjacent to the town centre and only 2 minutes walk to the Curve Theatre, which was the reason for our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Mary

Thank you very much for wrinting a review of the Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you liked the Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope too that the Show at Curve (Hello Dolly?) was equally as good.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is my second stay here and the location is perfect. You get discounted parking in the local NCP car park. Just make sure reception validates your ticket.

The first room I was given was room 514 which was freezing. I think this was mainly due to it having a large external wall and the fact that the air con wasn't giving out much heat. I requested a room change which reception took care of straightaway. They even brought the key up to me. I changed to room 609 which had only one external wall with the other three walls inside. This room was much warmer and the heating seemed much better here.

The room itself was nice and clean. One thing I dont like is laminate but thats the only gripe. I guess they chose laminate instead of carpet to avoid costly maintenance later on thus being able to provide these city centre rooms at around £50.

Breakfast was varied and delicious. It was the usual cereal, bread, youghurt, hash browns, sausages, full english, etc.

Check out was quick and hassle free. I would stay here again if I visited leicester.

Room Tip: Get a room with the least amount of exterior walls so as to avoid the freezing uk temperature.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, following your recent stay with us.

Please accept my apologies for the fact that your first room was cold. This was due to a fault, which has now been rectified. I was pleased to learn that we were able to sort this out for you quickly.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here with friends for one night. Nice, clean, modern hotel. Well situated to all local amenaties. Was busy the night we stayed due to time of year but got quick service at the bar regardless Can't think of one negative.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My troupe (adults and toddler) stayed for a few nights while visiting my grad school. I was a little concerned about what we might be in for, as we arrived at night and walked from the train station. The hotel was brilliant, though. The staff was very helpful, the room was plenty big for us and well-situated. The location was near to bus stops, and just a stone's throw from the shopping district, banks, restaurants, etc. The connection to the Space Center was low stress.

The room price was reasonable considering the quality they offered. I had a misunderstanding of a package deal when I booked the stay, which the hotel manager addressed promptly. We will stay here again if we get back to Leicester!

Room Tip: We had a room not on the street-side, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you were very happy with the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,