“Great stay!”

Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great stay!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night and we really had a good stay. We was traveling with a young child and was worried it might noisy in the night but this was not a problem. The location was perfect (just a few mins walk away from the shops). My friend had forgotten his toothbrush but the hotel provided him with one free of charge. We was even given a 1pm check out at no extra cost which really helped! Overall a very good stay!

I would say the only thing was we was told the car was just £8.00 per 24 hours and when I called Saturday afternoon to get the car park details I was given the wrong NCP details and not only had to walk through the centre for 15 mins with our luggage but had to pay £16.00 for the parking.

• Stayed October 2012
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to complete a hotel review following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel. I would ask however that you accept my most sincere apologies for the confusion caused with regard to your Car parking. Please contact me direct shoudl you be returning to the Hotel and I will organise you some complimentary car parking for the duration of your stay.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is for Henry who showed the South Leicestershire College travel and tourism group round the hotel. We/I thank you so much for the time that you had to take out to show us round and give us a talk about the building. The Ramada Encore hotel in Leicester is brand new and has very clean facilities and can take all kinds of people into the hotel.

The hotel itself is in a very good place, it is situated in the heart of the city centre with staff who are not afraid to help you in anyway possible. The staff show positive body language and like to have a laugh.

The hotel is situated in close proximaty to the clock tower and Highcross shopping centre. It has very easy access round all the facilities in the hotel.

Above all, a very pleasent experience and if I ever go there again I CAN'T WAIT!

Thanks again Henry

Alex

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Alex

Thank you very much indeed for writing a review on our Hotel following your visit earlier this week. It was indeed a pleasure to show you and your fellow students around our Hotel and I really appreciated the interest you all showed in our product and our business.

Maybe we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to the Hotel again, when I can assure you of our every attention.

Yours Sincerely
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Modern, clean, nice attentive staff. Very convenient location for train station & university. Quiet streets around made for a restful night. Only grip was very minor: heard 3 minutes worth of noise from speaking loudly in the room next door.

Booked for great price in a bit of a last minute rush. Extremely pleased.

• Stayed October 2012
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for placing a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you were happy with our Hotel and sincerley hope that you will be returning soon.

Redditch
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here a few times now on business, the rooms are clean and tidy as the hotel is fairly new but... The bedrooms are neither the biggest nor the comfiest, the floors are laminate which makes the noisy and causes the wheeled office chair to move around uncontrollable and if you lean back they have a tendency to tip over. Through the night I could not get the air-con to work which meant I had trouble sleeping which when combined with the loud splattering you hear from the pipes when the people above, having returned for an excellent curry and a few beers no doubt, go to the toilet in the early house of the morning, with up to 7 floors above you that is a lot of splattering. Will not be using this one again out of choice, unless I get a top floor room, a curry and several beers to send me to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top and looking out over the city, not inwards
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent review on trip advisor.

I was sorry to learn that you were disturbed by noise from the Hotel plumbing. I have to say that this is not a complaint that we have experienced before and I have asked my Maintenance Manager to investigate and see what we can do to recitfy this.

I would ask that you accept my apologies for the inconvenience which I hope will not deter you from staying with us again.

England
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I was able to walk there from the railway station. Reception was fast and efficient. I had read about street noise as mentioned in other reviews so was not initially pleased to be given a room on the second floor, but the room I was given was at the back and I experienced no external noise except that at 11pm staff spent 10 minutes dragging gas cylinders up the delivery ramp. Internally the building tends to transmit sharp noises, perhaps because very unusually it has laminated floors rather than carpets in bedrooms. Otherwise however it was very quiet - I was near the lifts but did not hear them. When I got to my room the initial impression was that it was a bit austere, but after a while I discovered some of its virtues - a decent air-conditioning system; good sofa; a proper desklight; a good quality TV, full wetroom in the very clean bathroom, decent tea-tray with biscuits and so on. Free wi-fi available although I did not use it. The only real fault I could find with the room was that the reading lights on the bed fell apart. Also the shaver socket did not work - fortunately my razor is rechargeable and just lasted on battery. The bed was only a normal 4 feet 6 inches double rather than the king or queen size you usually get in similar class hotels; I was alone so that was okay but couples used to a larger bed might find it annoying. I had a decent night's sleep. I did not have breakfast so cannot say anything about that. Checkout at 8.30 was very quick. Overall I think this is a decent place to stay overnight but I would find it a little bare for an extended stay.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much ondeed for leaving a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only through such guest feedback that we are able to continue to monitor the standards of product and service we offer our guests.

I was sorry to learn that you were disturbed by noise caused by staff moving gas cylinders in our loading bay. Please be assured that this has been discussed with the team and they will now be selecting a more suitable time for such activities. Please accept my apologies for the disturbance caused.

I thank you also for your comments regarding the bed side light and shaver socket, which have both been addressed by my maintenance team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of offerring you oru Hospitality again in the very near furture.

Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have recently returned home after a four week stay in Leicester due to an lengthy training course, and my hotel of choice was the Encore.

Although it took some finding to begin with due to the fact that my sat-nav doesnt seem to like the road network of Leicester, I eventually managed to find the hotel and the extremely convenient NCP car park directly over the road (that is heavily subsidised by the hotel, just ask the receptionist to stamp your ticket before you leave) and proceeded to check in!

I was met with a cheery member of staff, who promptly answered all my questions and gave me all the information I needed upon checking in.

I had phoned ahead and requested a room on an upper floor to try and avoid the noise of the city, although it must be said that despite being placed on the 3rd floor to begin with, I was unaware of any noise past 10pm but having said that the students were yet to return back to uni!

Room was immaculate with all features in place, new flatscreen TV, comfy bed, plenty of towels etc couldn't ask for more really. No wardrobe but plenty of hanging space for me and my weeks worth of gear! Bathroom is great, with a "wet-room" style. Air con features in every room as well which is a bonus! Beware though, if you aren't a fan of laminate flooring then ensure you bring slippers!!

Once showered & changed I headed down to the "Hub" (that's a bar/restaurant to you and me) and once again was met with a cheery chap called David who was happy to help. A brief look through the menu and I was suitably impressed, especially with the happy hour between 5-8pm offering 50% off food or 25% of alcohol which is simply great!

The food is best described as surprising; I haven't had the best experience with hotel food in the past but this was a refreshing change. After a 4 week stay I can say that I've tried pretty much everything on the menu and there are some cracking dishes on there, and a few let downs also but you can't have it all and of-course this is subject to personal taste! One thing that very-nearly swung my review of this hotel came in the form of a popular supermarket pizza featuring in the place of the usual pizza one evening due to a lack of kitchen stock. Thankfully I'd gotten friendly with the staff by this point and after a bit of a chuckle over the matter I let it slide! At least someone used some initiative to replace the missing item on the menu!?

As a place to sit and relax, this hotel is excellent with plenty of comfy seating, an excellent bar with loads of choice and most of the staff are friendly and helpful. Overall, this hotel proved to be an excellent place to call home for four weeks and I would gladly return to stay again, and I was that impressed with the encore that upon a recent weekend trip to the Trafford Centre, I decided to stay in the Warrington Encore (which was just as good!)

So there we have it, there were plenty of good points, one or two low points that are hardly worth mentioning but overall an excellent place to stay.

If I had one point to mention, it's that in my opinion, the staff could maybe benefit from some management coaching to make the level of customer service more linear as it did tend to differ depending on who was working that day/night.

Room Tip: pre-book a room on an upper level to avoid the noisy city if your staying at the weekend, or request...
1 Thank Matthew M
Dear Matthew

Thank you very much indeed for your most detailed and comprehensive review of our Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you were happy with the Hotel and our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerley

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for a conference nearby and have to say the hotel is very good. The location is awesome, being close to everything and anything you want! Loads of restaurants, cafes, shops and plenty of things to see and do.

The room itself is simple, but large and comfy and the food is very goof for a hotel!

My only issue was on occasions the staff seemed a little unpolite both at reception and in the restaurant. Maybe they were having a bad day, the restaurant lady, seemed to not even like the fact I was there! Although, I didn't care as they have 'happy hour' time between 12-3pm where food is half price, so that was lovely :-)

I would though despite my last comment, stay again - but be warned it does get noisy sometimes at night on the streets with all the students...

Room Tip: 6th floor is quieter than the floors below!
1 Thank Zeeshaan D
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you liked our Hotel and enjoyed the food, although sorry to see that you felt that our staff were unfriendly. This is not a coment that we usually receive so came as a surprise.

We do focus on Hospitality and Guest engagement, so your coments will be particularly useful as we develop our team further.

I do hope that you will return to the Hotel at some point when we can once again welcome you and hopefully re afirm your faith in our team.