“Great budget central hotel”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Great budget central hotel”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Recently opened so everything is very clean and rooms are really comfortable excellent value budget hotel. The staff are really friendly and extremely helpful. Great central location just opposite ncp car park and hotel validate £8 of the parking costs. Good deal on the restaurant food with 25% discount. Be warned the breakfast is expensive at £11.95!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to complte a guest review on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. This is particularly helpful to us as we have, as you know, recnetly opened.

I was very pleased to learn that you were happy with the Hotel and found my Staff to be friendly and Hospitable. I have also noted you comment with regard to the price of Breakfast. As a result of your comment and some received previously on the same issue, we will be reviewing our Breakfast prices.

I sincerely hope we will see you again at the Hotel.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and liked what I found. A good central location, clean tidy room with TV with all the freeview channels and decent sound proofing to give a quiet nights sleep. No car parking but if you park at the near by NPC you can get it for £8 overnight if reception validate your ticket.
It is a budget hotel so you don't get much in the way of toiletries and the cooked part of the buffet breakfast didn't appeal to me but the rest of breakfast was fine. I'll stay here next time I'm town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Mr Otter

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review on the Hotel following your recent stay with us. This is particularly usefull to us at the moment as we have only recently opened.

I was very pleased to learn that you were impressed with the Hotel and that you found it to be such good value for money. I have also noted your observations with regard to the Hotel toiletries, which following some similar comments already received, we will be implimenting some additional items in some selected rooms very soon.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again in the very near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I often come to Leicester on business and find myself in a number of budget hotels around the area. Finally Leicester has something to shout about! The moment you walk through the door you are greeted with a warm reception from either Sophie on reception or Sean on the bar. The rooms are contemporary, chic and clean. Wifi is included and when you are away from home and the family this is a bonus. Although car parking is not on site, it is a short walk from the hotel and they have great discounted rates. I had a last minute meeting at the hotel, the staff were more than accommodating and offered me one of there meeting rooms! Brilliant! Looking forward to staying in Leicester again and more so at the Ramada Encore.

Dear Guest

I was very pleased to learn that you were impressed with the Hotel and that you found our staff to be so pleasant and Hospitable. I have informed both Sophie and Sean of your comments to which they were delighted, so I thank you once again.

I sincerly hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you our services again in the very near future.

home
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night. All very clean and smart as only been open 6 weeks! The location was excellent. Room was good. Very generic and uninteresting but everything worked! Kettle, hair dryer etc. Good bedside lights on bendy stalks! The bathroom was well lit and had nice handwash and shower gel, but plastic glasses! Powerful shower in bathroom but would have been better with a door as whole bathroom got wet! It was ideal for one night but would not want to spend any more time there! The check in was easy and staff friendly. The bar was expensive in comparison to other local bars and we ate elsewhere. Only negative was plates left in corridor over night and not cleared away despite staff having been round with check out forms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review, following your recent stay with us. This is particulary useful as we have only recently opened as you have mentioned.

I was pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and have taken careful note of the comments you have raised. Unfortunatley as the bathroom is a wet room, plastic bathroom glasses are being used in the interest of H&S.

We are currently undergoing a review of our menues and pricing from the feedback already received and will take on board the observations you have made.

With regard to the food tray being left outside your room, this should have been collected and I thank you for your observations once again.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

UK
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This place is so nice - its modern clean and comfortable. You enter into a really trendy bar area and the check in is informal and friendly. You can sit and have a drink or some food( I did not use the bar ) A spiral staircase or lift takes you upto the room - everything is brand new - really warm reds have been used. The room is so trendy - I loved it - deep red curtains and matching nets - flat screen TV and modern lighting - large plate glass windows and the shower room was fantastic - its a wetroom with moulton and brown toiletries - very modern and unusual. I really enjoyed my stay and cant wait to go back. The hotel is also well located with The Curve theatre just down the road and many bars/restaurant on your doorstep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for placing a review on Trip Advisor. This particularly useful to us as we have only recently opened.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed yoru stay and loved our Hotel. I shall certainly share your comments with our team who will be delighted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the very near future when we will offer you our Hospitality once again.

Henrik
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed here on a 4 day business trip and was very happy with the room which was well appointed with quality fittings and a very comfortable bed albeit slightly small by aussie standards. Staff were very friendly and helpful...........this hotel is very well located to the city centre and has a great variety of restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the door, so consequently we did not eat at the hotel so i can't comment on the quality of the restaurant
We did several meetings in the large reception/bar area which we found to be comfortable and well serviced by friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel as being good value for money and would happily stay here again when next in Leicester

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to write a review on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only through such guest feedback that we are truly able to monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests. As we have just recently opened, your feedback is particularly useful to us.

I was happy to learn that you liked our Hotel and would gladly return. I sincerly hope that you will and look forward to offering you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Yours Sincerley
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2012

back in town on a business trips, meet some old friends here for dinner and although the surroundings were nice the food did not do it justice, was ok but will hope for better on next visit.That said my room was perfect and just what i needed for a short stay.

1 Thank mike h
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a trip advisor review following your recent stay with us. This is particularly useful to us as we have just recently opened the Hotel.

I was sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with our food offering on your last visit. We have been listening to our guests since opening and are in the process of reviewing our menu as a result of thier feedback.

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the rest of your stay and do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Yours sincerely