“Nice room, very expensive food”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The room was nice and clean, the air con a little noisy, the food expensive and only average (a starter: £5 for half a potato skin with cheese! and it was microwaved). The staff themselves were friendly but not particularly professional in what they do. No way should this place get all these 5 star ratings, but its a nice clean room for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to place a review on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with. As I am sure you wil appreciate, it is only through such feedback that we can truly monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests. Your feedback is particularly useful as we have only recently opened the Hotel.

I was sorry to learn that you were disspaointed with the food on offer and have taken careful note of the comments you have made. We will be revising our menu at the end of March whereupon all the comments received from the time of opening will be taken into account.

Please be assured that I have also noted your comments concerning the profesionalism of our staff. I would again thank you for your observations which will be key to their development. When we recruited for the Hotel, we focused heavily on the character and personality of the staff recruited as these were the key aspects we wanted. As they progress in their duties their confindence and professionalism will rise and their personalities will shine through.

Once again, I thank you for yoru comments and hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again in teh very near future.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Overall impression when first walked in was how modern and clean it looked. Staff were really friendly when first arrived. The double room we had was nice and bed was comfy providing good nights sleep. I love the walk in shower although if i was staying there longer i would have liked a bath in there too. Staff
Were helpful in turning the heating up in room from reception so we didnt have to spend time working out how to use the dial in room as was going to be a very cold night. Good channels on tv like freeview. Breakfast in morning was £11.95 each but u could eat all u want and had plenty of variety. If u didnt want to eat downstairs u can take the food to your room. I didnt eat dinner or lunch in the restaurant but sure would have been just as good as breakfast. Very close distant to town centre so easy access and public parking few minutes walk. They can validate your parking ticket so you pay less for each 24 hour period. Overall great hotel and would definetly go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to complete a reviw of the Hotel on Trip Adviser. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only throgh such feedback that we are able to monitor the standards of product and service we offer our guests and as we are newly opened, your ffedback is particularly useful to us.
I am glad that you liked our hotel and sincerly hope you will return, when I can assure you of our every attention.
Sincerley

Reviewed February 21, 2012

WE stayed here on a saturday night for £59 inc breakast, very clean and new, comfortable rooms, I'd happily stay again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to place a hotel review on Trip Advisor. I waspleased to learn that you were happy with our hotel. I look forward to offering you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed for 1 night last weekend (11th feb). Was very impressed with the central location, have stayed in many hotels in the city centre area and this was definitely the nicest. The reception and bar area are beautifully decorated and the staff exceedingly helpful. On arrival we asked them to book us a taxi, for a set time. It was very punctual, and the receptionist informed us of it's arrival. The room itself was furnished with wooden flooring and red and white modern style. Bed so comfortable. Walk-in in shower lovely. We stayed for breakfast which was perfect, combination of full-english, continental, cereals, don't think there was anything else I would have wanted.
There is no hotel parking but there is a subsided public car park (appeared to have CCTV) about 25 metres from the hotel main entrance.
Will certainly be my hotel of choice next time I stay in Leicester for a night out

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear Mari

Thank you very much for taking teh time and trouble to write a review on our Hotel on Trip Advisor. As we have just recently opened, it is really helpful for me and my team to receive feedback from our guests.

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the Hotel and the Service received from our staff and equally happy to learn that you woudl be pleased to return. We would defo' like to offer you our hospitality again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in Jan. Friendly Reception staff who provided an efficient check in. Room was nice with plenty of space, bed was very comfortable and had good mobile & wifi reception which is perfect for business travellers. Had drinks in the bar which were served by a friendly waiter who was very attentive. Dinner was a nice experience. Again staff were very polite, friendly and attentive to our needs. Food was tasty and well presented. This hotel is in a good location and perfect for business travellers with free wifi available. The car park may be across the street but the charges are reasonable for a city centre location.

I would definately stay at this hotel when I am next in Leicester for business.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for posting a review on Trip Advisor. As we have only recently opened, all guest feedback is important to us in order to truly monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests.
I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and look foreward to the opportunity of offering you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed for 2 days early in February. Good location close to city centre and theatre. The bar and reception were lovely. There is a door in the bar area and it when it was opened it was very cold. There is no parking so you have to make your own arrangements. There is no drop off area either. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The lift area,hallway is freezing. The rooms are poorly finished: wonky shelves in bathroom and bedroom; curtains hanging off tracks; silicone in great clumps everywhere and falling off. for a brand new hotel this is not what you would expect. The beds were comfy and the rooms warm. The air con made a noise all night and the fire alarm went off one night thanks to a drunk joker in the bar -the staff did turn it off after 3 rings. The tea tray was not refilled. we and a room with a sofa bed as we had 3 of us. They was no room to swing a cat once it was up. The rooms are quite austere: white and laminate flooring; and the red everywhere is very 80's. The hairdryer is rubbish. They storage is limited and with the TV on the dressing table there is little room to do anything. The lighting in the bathroom is inadequte to do your makeup in. The main problem is the wake-in shower which floods the bathroom floor. The 2nd day we had to use a towel to make a dam to stop the rest of the floor being flooded, so we could use the sink or WC without wearing wellies. We only paid £20 per night. The Ramada Loughborough has much nicer bedrooms, much cosier and they do not flood. The TV is up on the wall and the hairdryers much better. I would stay again as the bar area is really nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RupertBear_12
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Guest (Rupert Bear)

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us earlier this year. As I am sure you will appreciate it is only through such guest feedback that we are able to monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests. As we have just recently opened, yoru feedback was particularly usefull.

Please be assured that I have taken careful note of your comments and where possible, we will address those we can. In fact we have already upgraded the Lift Lobby heating and created a guest drop off zone in Yeoman Street behind the Hotel.

I am sure you will appreciate also that the behaviour of guests in the Hotel is not something which we can foresee or control and that on this ocasion, concerning the intoxicated guest, setting off the Fire alarm, our staff acted approriately.

I would thank you again for your comment and hope we will be able to offer you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Yours sincerley

Henrik Jespersen.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel
Last weekend and can say it one of if not the best hotels I have stayed in. Welcoming reception and bar area friendly staff that will go out their way for you . Excellent location for visiting the city centre and curve theatre. Looking forward to returning in May

• Stayed: February 2012
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear City Girl

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only through such guest feedback that we are able to monitor the standards of service and quality of product we offer our guests, As we have only been open now for Two Weeks, this is especially useful to us all.

I was happy to learn that you were impressed with the Hotel and that you found our staff welcoming. I hope also that you enjoyed the show at Curve, which as you mention is just across the street from the Hotel.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again when you return in May.