“Just one night for me but found it Excellent”
Review of The Belmont Hotel

The Belmont Hotel
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Just one night for me but found it Excellent”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

It's hard to give a substantial review based on only one nights stay but I have to say that I could find no fault with this hotel. The location for me was perfect, only a five minute walk to the railway station and yet directly on the beautiful, leafy, New Walk. My room was larger than I had expected and decorated to a high standard. There was everything I needed, perfectly clean and quiet. The bathroom was very modern and immaculate. The little extras which some smaller hotels lack such as the range of complimentary hot drinks and biscuits were a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. I did not try the restaurant but the menu looked nice and the breakfast choice was good. Service - friendly without being intrusive. I would certainly stay there again if I was going to Leicester.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jo F
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Jo
Thanks so much for your review of your stay, we get a lot of guests who only stay one night so I'm sure your review will be a big help to them. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your room, breakfast and felt the service wasn't intrusive. We love New Walk too it's a great part of the city!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
leicester
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last 6 or 7 years. I must agree that the new refurbishments have made the stay even better. The rooms that I have stayed in recently have been very nice. They are spacious, clean and have the basics that you would need for a couple nights stay (apart from a small fridge which would be nice). The breakfast is adequate, the afternoon tea is very nice and the evening meals are of a very good standard and tasty. The staff have always been helpful when I have stayed her or dined here also.
The hotel is just a few hundred metres from the actual centre of Leicester, it is on a side street off of London Rd which is a road with lots of bars and restaurants. Its a 10 minute walk to the centre / railway station / Demontfort Hall Theatre etc, very central and always a nice stay.
Late at night (into the early hours) Id take a little extra care walking back to the hotel, the vicinity is used as a red light district and the ladies and their punters hang around and use the alleyways and car parks. But this doesn't spoil the stay, just a pointer for the local area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PCME1974
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here with my mum for a girlie weekend. It was really lovely, peaceful and quiet with lots of parking, which is a rarity in Leicester! We booked a shopping weekend package which meant we also received a £10 Highcross shopping voucher and breakfast. The staff were so lovely, friendly and welcoming. The room was cute, with two twin beds and a gorgeous big bathroom. Lovely lampshades and decor. The only thing I didn't like was the brown carpet, but that's just down to taste. The bar is reasonably priced and staff welcoming at breakfast. There is a lot of attention to detail. I highly recommend and don't think you will regret booking here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Burnley
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here on 3/9 as part of a Richard iii break. I picked this hotel as it looked lovely on the website, I was not disappointed. The new room we stayed in was lovely and had everything we needed with a lovely view of the pedestrian new walk. The public rooms are amazing, and have kept their original features with a modern twist. We had afternoon tea which comprised of a host of sandwiches, cakes and warm scones, with a choice of beverage-fabulous. The two bars are great, excellent bar staff and the food in The Windows bar is an absolute must. The hotel is situated a five minute walk from the Cathedral and the shops so is central yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of a city centre, we had a wander and returned for a drink and to sit down in the grounds of the hotel overlooking new walk, which was lovely, we even had a choice of several gin makes at the bar which is very unusal. If you go do try the cocktails in the bar it was the best bloody Mary we had ever tasted ( and that has been a few). Overall wonderful stay and will definatley be returning when sm next in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Belmont on several occasions and the newly renovated rooms (almost completed last time I stayed) have significantly improved the experience. The room had a modern clean design and the shower in the bathroom was very good. The bed was very comfortable, There are tea and coffee facilities in the rooms but no fridge. There is wifi access but there is an extra cost. The breakfast buffet is fairly limited but adequate and the service was friendly and attentive. Overall a pleasant stay, would recommend particularly since renovation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband And I booked 1 night here following an anniversary dinner so we didn't have to drive home. We got a great rate of £55 on booking.com for a 'traditional' executive room. They should have said DATED and TATTY. Even though the cleanliness of the room was good the decor left a lot to be desired - thred bare chairs, peeling paint and wall paper ect. We both feel even more conned when ALL of the photos they advertise are of beautiful elegant rooms....DON'T be fooled!! We definitely won't be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Becky0309
BelmontHotel, General Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Becky, many thanks for the 4 star ratings for location & cleanliness.
We do not offer "traditional executive" rooms but we do offer non-refurbished bedrooms at discounted rates from the rates we sell our refurbished bedrooms. I'm sorry but we cannot offer refurbished rooms (which we spend up to £10k) refurbishing at these rates.
Our discounted rates are designed to do what you asked for give you a clean room with a bed for the night.
I'm not aware that at any point in the booking process for this rate that it suggests at all that you would be in an executive room, if this is not the case please forward any link demonstrating this to info@belmonthotel.co.uk and I will get it changed immediately.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked this hotel just a day before and weren't sure what to really expect. However we really liked it and will definitely come back and recommend it to our friends. Why? It's a hotel with character as it's composed of a few Georgian townhouses joined up and there are some old parts of the hotel. However it's been modernised and updated where it counts. Both the rooms we occupied were updated with modern decor and the beds were good! Both the bathrooms were newly renovated and had powerful hot showers! We ate at the bar and found the food quality good and the staff really friendly. We left behind something in the room safe, and the hotel sent it to us the next day and with no fuss. It's located very close to the centre of Leicester city - an easy 5-10 minute walk. There's ample car parking too. It's a great choice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BelmontHotel, General Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Greattravels
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay, the team and I are very pleased you enjoyed the character of the hotel, the comfy beds and felt you'd made a great choice!
We look forward to welcoming you back