I stayed here for one night as I was attending an event in Leicester. The hotel is some way out of the centre, but the location just a minute from the m1 junction was very convenient. The hotel is large and it was quite a trek to my room, so if you have any issues with mobility be sure to request a room close to reception.
The room was spacious with a large sofa and coffee table, a large desk and several mirrors. The bed was a super king size and made for a very comfortable nights sleep. I'm pretty fussy about pillows but had no cause for complaint!
The bathroom was basic but clean. The only minor niggle was that the water temperature in the shower kept fluctuating. On the plus side the mini toiletries provided were decent, and there were lots of fluffy white towels.
The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of choices. Fresh orange juice, tea and coffee were served at the table. The cooked options included all the usuals along with a few more unusual choices such as haggis and potato cakes. Everything was hot and well cooked, and fresh food seemed to constantly be brought out. There were also plenty of cold options including pastries, meats and cheeses, plus fresh fruit. I enjoyed some of the fruit salad with a tasty mango coulis as well as some of the fried options - all of it very tasty.
I unfortunately didn't get the chance to use the leisure facilities but a health club and pool are available. Overall I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure - it's not in the most scenic of locations so perhaps not the ideal venue for a romantic getaway, but for a decent nights sleep and good road connections it more than does the job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in our coffee lounge. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International