“Business stay ok”

Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Wirral
“Business stay ok”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Husband checked whilst i brought suit carriers in from car. I asked at the desk as i was weighed down carrying 3 suit carriers (2 night stay including Black Tie do at Hotel) where my room was. No offer for porter to take bags, just told which stairs to use to find room. After checking into room went to Resturant to have a look at the menu. At no time was i asked at check in would i like to book a table or by resturant when asking to see menu. Came down at 7.30pm to be told there where no tables available, but if we waited for a few minutes they would probably have one. Sat in reception 6 feet away and then watched two lots of people who had also not booked in advance being given a table. Pointed this out to them and told they did't notice us sitting there. Did apologise. There were 3 empty water bottles outside our bedroom. Asked at reception if there should have been water in our room and was asked if we were member of Hilton, when we said no, told no we were not entitled to water in our room unless we wanted to buy some. When you are paying £140.00 per night you'd think you should get water especially as they had offer on for families to stay £40.00 cheape). Suggested they removed the empty bottles from outside our room. Went to Hotel in Birmingham (Burlington) the following night and got water as standard (£62.00 for room). The up side of this hotel are the Chefs. The food was excellent in both the resturant and also at the Business Dinner we attended. Breakfast also top rate. If you are staying at hotel i would highly recommend eating at the resturant (make sure you book in advance) bearing in mind if you don't you'll need to get in the car to find somewhere to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to hear that your stay was marred by service issues, and have shared your feedback with the relevant managers to investigate further and review our processes and procedures. We welcome all feedback and are grateful for your comments. I was however delighted to hear that you enjoyed the various meals you ate with us, from dinner through to breakfast and have passed on your comments to our Head Chef and his brigade. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We payed extra for what we believed was a deluxe room. Having booked this room online I got the impression that the room will be much larger and have a more deluxe feel but it felt like a small box standard room with wine, chocolate and crisps.

I had to ask for some luxuries that were meant to be in the room upon our arrival. There were no slippers which I had to ask for. I'm also very sure the website said fruit was included but when I asked they said this had changed a while ago and replaced with crisps. The hotel staff offered to swap but my husband already opened one packet. I feel this should have been offered without a swap. We also had to ask for tooth paste. This does sound a little trivial but again I expected more from a deluxe room.

On a good note the room was clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. If you're looking for a clean room to stay for a night then this is the hotel for you. If you're looking for a little more then I wouldn't recommend this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your posting on trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but your expectations were not met with the upgrade you booked. I have passed on your comments to the relevant managers to investigate further. i hope this will not deter you from future stays with us. Thank you again for your feedback.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Well over all okay but state of our room we got given on the bottom floor was disgusting untill I took photos and showed duty manager which we were room changed ...
Food was excellent staff were great and efficient good stay apart from grubby first room ...

• Stayed October 2012
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. May I apologise in the first instance for the disappointment that the first room gave. Please be assured this is not our usual standard. However, I am delighted that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future,
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very comfortable rooms bed and linen excellent. Spacious room with bath and separate sink area. Tea and coffee making in room. Slept really well and quiet room. Staff friendly and helpful and breakfast fresh fruit yogurts through to cooked buffet breakfast. Would definitely recommend it here. Only difficulty is finding the hotel as tucked off the main roundabouts. Needs more signs up as easy to miss. I spent ages going round trying to find it and ended up at the Asda petrol station where a very kind lady drive ahead of me and took me to the hotel, thank you.....

Room Tip: Look at the Map to work out how to find it before you get into the traffic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for completing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback regarding sign posting has been noted and will be reviewed accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
London
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Third time that I have stayed at this top place. Everything is first class. Very helpful reception, lovely big comfortable room, lovelt spa, amazing dinner & bed/breakfast deal, superb evening meal, huge breakfast with plenty of variety, and the icing on the cake was Charlotte the waitress who was great fun and totally professional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read your comments and pleased that you enjoy staying with us. I have passed your comments on to Charlotte, who will be recongised internally within the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

stopped many times at the hilton leicester, staff always very attentive & friendly, quality, comfortable rooms & great food, only 5mins by car from leicester which has a great selfridges & fantastic range of restuarants and nightlife.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your feeback. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy their stay and make the best of what the local area has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stay here every so often when we fancy a night away. THe price is very reasonable and the breakfast is well worth it, as it is a buffet style so you can have as much as you want. The restaurant is really nice and offers a variey of foods. The staff are polite and helpful. The spa is also free to use as a guest which is really nice. I would recommend this hotel and will come back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I was delighted to read your comments, and appreciate your feedback. I have shared your response with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.