“Best Hyderabad biryani and dosa”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dakshin - CLOSED

Dakshin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best Hyderabad biryani and dosa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am quiet a regular customer at Dakshin. My favourites are the lamb biryani and dosa. Service may be slow at times but the staff are lovely and efficient. Honestly guys they cooked really tasty food. This is a South Indian food restaurant and the curries are amazingly delicious. Dosa (thosai) is big and the sambar (dhal/lentil ) curry is authentic.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Eve P

dot
“Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went with a group of 4. Dosa are very tasty and bigger than some other places. Service was quick and friendly. Price is good too.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank floor667
London
“Used to be great- now don't bother”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We used to eat here regularly (once a week) when it opened, but in the last few months the service and hygiene has really gone downhill. I kept giving it more chances but the last time I went, I had to have my third choice off the menu as they had run out of things. Also the draught beer at the last visit was awful, like the pump hadn't been cleaned properly. Dakshin got an appalling food hygiene rating at the last review and it's a shame they can't get their act together as the food used to be great.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Holly_1984
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have visited Dakshin on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed with their food. Their masala dhosa is tasty and filling, and their paneer butter masala is always rich and delicious. Their fresh naan bread is also very tasty. The portion sizes are quite large and so provide fantastic value for money. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Surinder D
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian and I mean authentic !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food is just simple and simply brilliant. The decor is not anything special but then one cannot really eat table and chairs. If you want beautiful furniture go to John Lewis or Habitat. Want real authentic indian food , come to Dakshin. I loved Babu's confidence in his food. We went with his suggestions and it was fabulous. We had Galotti Kebab,Prawn 65,Lamb Chettinadu, Nellore Chepala Pulusu ( fish curry) with rice and naan.I loved the food so much , that the next day on my way back home I ordered a take away for my family. Now I dont expect people who have been misled by the 'Kormas' and the 'Vindaloos' to like this food , but this is real Indian Food ...love it !!!!

• Visited May 2013