“Not the cheapest Sunday lunch but very good!”
Review of The Almanack - CLOSED

The Almanack
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not the cheapest Sunday lunch but very good!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Love the Sunday lunches here.
Attentive staff, and worth paying that bit extra for. Would definitely recommend this place for those not on to tight a budget.

• Visited February 2012

Leicestershire
“Sophisticated, chilled out, not stuffy, relaxing.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Jazzy live music sometimes, for a more mature crowd suitable for families and young couples. Board games available, good food, coffee and drinks. A lovely chilled out atmosphere, sophisticated but not stuffy.

Visited November 2012
Woburn, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Was part of a birthday group and had the private area upstairs. The staff were wonderful and accommodating unfortunately the extremely average food means I would never recommend or be likely to return here

1 Thank NickiNackiNoo
Mannheim, Germany
“Dear God what happened here?”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the best place at the Highcross to being an embarrassment! I am not sure to what happened at this restaurant, but it has slipped majorly. I usually entertain many business associates and liked to use this place for parties as well, but since my last visit few days ago I will not be going there. Portions have gone down in size, food has gone from being good and fresh to less than average and the outside area that is being advertised as a "snug" is a tip!!!

Visited January 2013
RosalieHagger, Manager at The Almanack, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hi There,

Thanks your review. It saddens me that you feel this way & i hope that we can talk matters to try and change this.

At The Almanack, we only serve food we'd be happy ti be served ourselves. All our pork, bacon, chicken & eggs are free range. To avoid air-freighting we buy seasonal British fruit & veg & sustainable native fish wherever possible. Our beef & lamb are British and we visit the farmers regularly.

I am exceptionally sorry that on your recent visit, this did not seem the case.

After reading your reference to our snug. It appears that on the day of your visit was the day that we had arranged with HIGHCROSS CONTROL to collect our christmas tree. We had to have it chopped, in bags, sheltered for them to come and collect it. I completely agree that this would make anywhere look particularly ugly. However, unfortunetly this was out of our control. I would like to assure you that it doesnt normally look like that. Our snug has heaters, blankets & cushions designed for the upmost comfort of our guests.

I would love, given the opportunity, to alleviate your last experience with us.

Please drop me an email, Rosalie.Hagger@peachpubs.com.

My sincere apologises again,

Rosalie Hagger
“Relaxed,trendy,friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Upon entering the Restaurant/bar we were made very welcome by the very friendly staff.The atmosphere is so relaxed and informal tho very trendy and chic at the same time.Food was well presented ,served promptly, hot and was delicious ,..of all the five ppl on my table were happy with their experience here and all agreed a return visit is definately on the cards!!..