“Guests from the USA”

The Boot Room Restaurant
Ranked #234 of 1,189 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Occupying a former Leicester shoe factory, The Boot Room restaurant in Leicester, serves simple, yet special food made with fresh, quality & seasonal ingredients. The Boot Room restaurant has quickly become one of Leicester’s premier restaurants, supported by the comfortable and relaxed atmosphere with just a hint of the buildings industrial past. We have a simple and effective philosophy to “Buy quality ingredients, treat them well, and let your customer enjoy the experience.” The Boot Room is owned by Stephen and Tracey Fitzpatrick who also run The Joiners, a successful restaurant in Bruntingthorpe, Leicestershire.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was attending this dinner as part of a work function as we had guest from the USA.First time to The Boot Room Restaurant.I must say a great experience,good service,lovely food form starter straight through to dessert absolutrly fabulous.
Would definately return and I would definately recommend.

There are newer reviews for The Boot Room Restaurant

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been The Boot Room several times and the food, and the choice of food is always very good. Brilliant food, and if you sit at the front of the restaurant a very good atmosphere. The back is in a more confined space and can get very noisy. The staff and the service is also excellent. A great place for a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked a couple of weeks in advance for a birthday dinner for 6 people.

Our reservation and table was ready on arrival and we were seated in the large room a the rear of the restaurant. The place quickly filled up after we arrived and gets quite loud when it do so. The service we had was attentive, we all enjoyed our food (although the main came too quickly after the starter) and we made our way through three courses over three hours. A good selection of on menu dishes and specials, with 2-3 options on each course for vegetarians.

A good place to eat.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We normally go the sister one the Joiners Arms which is in the counrty side, the Boot Room is in the city. This was a refreshing change and a totally different experience and very nice.
Any we got there at 21:00 which was the booked time, we then had to wait 40 mins for our table! The staff were very apologetic about this and gave all our party complimentary round of drinks. We then stat down and had a realy enjoyable night with fantastic food.
Would recommend :)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food was reasonably good but not of a sufficiently excellent quality to justify the price. I ordered the king prawn starter (the king prawns were somewhat tough and overcooked) and the sea bass special (the edge of my sea bass was actually burnt, and if I hadn't been so hungry I'd have sent it back - instead I tried to eat around it...). My husband ordered the steak medium rare, and it arrived medium instead, which he wasn't too bothered about but said it wasn't an amazing cut of meat for the price of approx £20. Desserts were nice and coffee was good if a bit lukewarm; the service, atmosphere and decor were all really lovely, but on the whole I think we probably won't return given it wasn't truly delicious and not brilliant value as a result.