“A welcome return”

Description: Le9 7dg
Barwell, United Kingdom
“A welcome return”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

As always when you visit Ashfields, you are met with a smile and a courteous greeting.
This time, we were celebrating a friend's birthday and had requested a table on the balcony, which we were able to have. Monday night is 241 night with one main course free ( the cheaper one) if either a starter or dessert is bought as well.
Again, as always, the choice on the menu was excellent and when the food came, it was certainly up to the standard we have come to expect from this restaurant. The staff were, as usual, very polite and attentive. All in all, an excellent night.

Visited April 2014

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We had not been to Ashfields for about 6 years so were not sure what to expect. The bar area is cosy and inviting. We were served drinks and menus here before we were taken through to the restaurant. Staff were very friendly and helpful even though it was a busy Friday night. We went on a Groupon voucher and were wondering what menu we might get but we had access to the whole menu (and it was extensive, lots of fish and different meats). Our food was excellent; hot, and you got plenty of it. My pate starter was lovely but I chose the wrong main course because the sauce was too rich for me...my fault though. Well cooked veg and potatoes. Also a nice atmosphere in the restaurant. All in all a great night and we will be back and would happily pay full price!!

1 Thank Jane T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Having been told how fabulous this restaurant is, we were disappointed.
On arrival we were greeted by a very nice bar staff member who served our drinks and asked us to be seated. The waitress who was to later bring our menus actually barged past my husband to get to the specials board to erase two dishes from the board - no excuse me.
The same waitress changed my glass (it had lipstick on) no apology.

During the meal: starter was lovely. Salmon fish cakes, well presented and very tasty. My main meal of Lamb roast was also lovely, arriving with a selection of nicely cooked vegetables. My husbands Chicken and Leek Pie had a very bland sauce with it.

Desert: it took a very long time for a waitress to bring the desert menu, when it eventually arrived, she forgot about us. When the desert arrived, again, no apology.

Overall, food good but service lacking.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Anna M
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Well worth popping in for”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My partner and I popped in to Ashfield's on the off chance. We are aware of how busy it can get.

Luckily they could accommodate us. We were given the menu whilst having a drink in the bar and was left to make our choices. Great Sunday menu with a good balance of choice. We were then shown to our table and the food arrived in good time. Although busy the staff were attentive and friendly. It was a little noisy because of the number of people eating.

The price advertised was for 3 courses, but at the end of the main course we decided we didn't need a sweet. On enquiry the managers were happy to offer a two course price. We retired back to the bar area for a coffee. An excellent meal, quality service and well worth popping in for. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Two of us visited on Friday evening. The bar was very busy as quite a few groups appeared to have arrived at the same time. However, having said this we were not left waiting very long and drinks and menus were delivered promptly. We both opted for different versions of a goats cheese starter, which we both really enjoyed. My husband had pork stuffed with chorizo, and I had sirloin steak with a Stilton sauce, again both meals were delicious. Once again, a really great evening, with great food and friendly, attentive staff.

Visited March 2014