“Lunch buffet is amazing”
Review of Shivalli

Shivalli
Ranked #46 of 1,169 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lunch buffet is amazing”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have been to Shivallis a few times over the last couple of years always for the lunch buffet. At £4.95 on weekdays for a decent selection of really fresh, delicious food have never been disappointed. Sometimes I think you get too much choice at buffets but here it's just the right amount.

Lots of dips for poppodoms, usually a paneer dish and chickpea or potato curry the food is so tasty and not at all greasy. Don't miss meat here even though am avid meat eater. The fresh breads they bring out are great, love the pooris. Staff are friendly and helpful topping up water when needed. I try and take friends/relatives here when visiting and they are all very impressed and ask to return. Love the place.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Hulah

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Flavour and Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is fairly small and perhaps a little basic in appearance. However, the food and service is absolutely fantastic.
Although vegetarian, the food is incredibly tasty and I found myself becoming increasingly enthusiastic as I progressed with the meal. I confess I did not miss the meat at all. Not only that, the service was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Prices were incredibly cheap, perhaps overly so (around £19for a 3 course meal)
Well done and you deserve you place at the top of the Tripadvisor reviews for Leicester.

2 Thank AJO_UK
“A nice change!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband (a meat eater) and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening here.
We found the staff very friendly And attentive. Our waiter offered us some advise on which dishes to choose, we took his advise and were very pleased with all of it.
It was very fairly priced, and good value. We enjoyed it so much we decided to have a takeaway the following evening which was every bit as nice.
We will defiantly visit again!

3 Thank Mrsbates40
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb Service, Fantastic Food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went to Shivalli for a family meal on the recommendation of many of my dad’s work colleagues. We were extremely impressed, not only with the food but the speed and quality of service we received. All the waiters were attentive and happy to help and very knowledgeable when it came to the food.

Between 5 of us we tried 3 different thali plates and a vegetarian korma – well, everything is vegetarian. At a rough guess, including starters and mains that equates to about 20 different curries, soups, sambars, dals, chutneys and sauces! There was a wide range of spiciness so something to suit every taste. My personal favourites were the mutter paneer and “special” rice, both of which come on the “Shivalli Special” thali.

At £10.95 the thali plates offer really good value, including a starter (either soup or dosa with chilli paneer), a main (rice with approx. 4 curries, 2 dips/sauces and 2 flatbreads of varying types) and the dessert of the day. I’ve never been much of a fan of Indian desserts but this one was better than most – a warm, spiced, semolina pudding with fruit and nuts. The table next to us had ordered dosas and when they arrived they were the biggest dosas I’ve ever seen! Might have to try one if we return!

As well as food there were some excellent drinks on the menu, including a strawberry and kiwi smoothie-juice-thing whose name now escapes me. In total the meal came to £65, including drinks and we left fit to bursting! A thoroughly enjoyable experience, would recommend to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank g m
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on recommendation through Trip Advisor. We are not vegetarian but decided to try this place as so many good reviews had to be right. We certainly were not disappointed. The service was very good and staff were very keen that we should try the 'taster menu'. It was very tasty indeed.
Well worth a try even if you are not vegetarian and excellent value for money.

1 Thank Jennyjcamp