β€œPure South Indian vegetarian”
Review of Shivalli

Shivalli
Ranked #42 of 1,159 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Pure South Indian vegetarian”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Saturday all-you-can eat buffet costs Β£7.95, which is a bargain as in addition to the buffet, the waiter brought us various breads (including Dosa and Puri) on request, free of charge. Suitable for those who relish the vegetarian taste of South India, delicately spiced so that the chili does not dominate, and allows the other flavours to come through. A great value place, without pretension, to meet and chat.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“it was heaven”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

shivalli. IS the best curry house i ever went. i will recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.

London, United Kingdom
“"One of the cheapest curries in town."”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went with a large party of friends recently (all of them vegetarian) to Shivali, which a lot of people had been saying was brilliant.

The place was very accommodating, from the layout to the staff who welcomed us. Aside from the value of the food and drinks, the best quality of Shivalli is perhaps the level of service you get; every waiter is helpful and all too eager too help you when necessary (I found my glass of tap water was refilled nearly every time I looked away from it).

But whilst it was impressive in those regards, the food fell short of the hype for me. It was nice, but nothing that I tasted could be described as delicious (the masala dosai wasn't anything impressive), with a lot of the food being a little too spicy for my taste. The aubergine curry was very good, but that was overshadowed by one or two bland ones. Maybe I didn't see the best they had to offer, but it was underwhelming given how much I had expected.

It might not have the best curry in the city, or even be the best vegetarian restaurant, but Shivalli is still worth checking out, especially given the amount it will cost you to do so (it was less than Β£15 for a 3-course set meal, a glass of wine AND poppadoms).

Leicester, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant :-)”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love this place! Buffet and menu items are all fantastic, relaxed atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. Brilliant for those who are gluten-free. Also, the Β£2.95 take away lunch box is THE best take away lunch deal ever!!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“the best indian outside of india”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

we have just been to india and decided that we have to give our favorite restaurant finally a review.
it is the best indian we have ever been to outside of india and even a lot better than 95% of indian restaurants in india that we have been to. the food they cook is authentic and delicious. the service is outstanding. the staff is so nice that we ended up visiting an ex staff member whilst we were in kerala.
well... thanks shivalli for many very pleasant meals.