“Excellent”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for lunch yesterday and I must say what a lovely place! The waitress amber was excellent! Very efficient and recommended an excellent wine! The waitress Bryony was also lovely! Great experience will definitely recommend to friends!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Staff Christmas Night Out”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I choose 1573 for our christmas night out for the office staff which was a good choice and a good night out.
Good christmas menu selection and at a good price for three courses,because of the party size and a busy run up to Christamas a pre-order was requested which wasn't a problem at all.
Early evening booking was a good idea before 1573 got to busy with other booking in all a good night out.

• Visited December 2013
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“First Class Food and Service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My son and his future wife booked this restaurant as a pre-wedding event for both families to meet each other socially.
It was perfect ! We had all seen the menu in advance and ordered our food for the evening. When we arrived the table was already laid out and we were greeted with smiles and made to feel very welcome. They have a fantastic range of cocktails and a very good selection of wines and beers, we started with cocktails and everyone found a wine or beer to their taste.
I think we must have had everything from the menu between us and it all arrived without a long wait and cooked perfectly.
We will definitely be returning, I travel a lot nationally and internationally - this restaurant is amongst the best that I have visited.

• Visited February 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Could do with improvement”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm used to having extremely high quality steaks, so to come here was a little disappointing. I had high hopes for the place, as friends that had eaten there previously said it was brilliant, but it just wasn't up to standard. I know this is very picky, but its a must to have mash potatoes with a good steak, however after a quick glance at the menu I saw that all that was on offer was chunky chips or new potatoes, felt a bit "pub food" (which, for the prices, I wasn't expecting!). Although the waiting staff were very friendly, it took quite a while for them to even take our order, meaning our starters arrived well over an hour after we arrived (kudos to them though, would definitely recommend the ribs, the meat just fell off the bone!) by which time we were just about ready to start chewing our arms off! The main courses looked very nice, all six of us had a steak and the plates were full. However, non of the steaks had been cooked to our specifications, I like mine quite rare, but ended up with a medium, another of our party asked for a medium-well, which came out medium/medium-rare. Also noticed that my steak was a little bit more chewy than I am used to. I had ordered the stilton cheese sauce, which was actually really nice and the mushrooms were lovely too. Overall however, we were quite disappointed with the evening and food. Weirdly though, I would be tempted to go again, maybe they were just having a bad day?

• Visited February 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fillet steaks are amazing, burgers need improvement”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have dined here on a number of occasions, the atmosphere is great, especially in the evening and the staff are very attentive, The fillet steaks are fantastic, always fresh, tasty and perfectly cooked. Unfortunately the burgers are not so great. I have tried the burgers on 2 occasions and both times the bun of the burger completely ruined the meal, the buns are poor quality and do not stay in one piece, the bottom of the bun falls to bits and becomes soggy within just a couple of bites. Maybe it needs toasting more or a better quality bun might need to be used. Also, on one of the occasions the beef was very over cooked, I wouldn't go for the burger again which is a shame because it is a place I would go for lunch if the standard of the burgers improved. But if you like steak, this is a great place to go! Unfortunately because of the burgers I can only mark this as average rather than very good.

• Visited December 2013