“Fillet steaks are amazing, burgers need improvement”
Review of 1573 Bar & Grill

1573 Bar & Grill
Ranked #83 of 1,169 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fillet steaks are amazing, burgers need improvement”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have dined here on a number of occasions, the atmosphere is great, especially in the evening and the staff are very attentive, The fillet steaks are fantastic, always fresh, tasty and perfectly cooked. Unfortunately the burgers are not so great. I have tried the burgers on 2 occasions and both times the bun of the burger completely ruined the meal, the buns are poor quality and do not stay in one piece, the bottom of the bun falls to bits and becomes soggy within just a couple of bites. Maybe it needs toasting more or a better quality bun might need to be used. Also, on one of the occasions the beef was very over cooked, I wouldn't go for the burger again which is a shame because it is a place I would go for lunch if the standard of the burgers improved. But if you like steak, this is a great place to go! Unfortunately because of the burgers I can only mark this as average rather than very good.

• Visited December 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“FAB FOOD, FAB SURROUNDINGS”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Booked a table for 14 people for a birthday celebration - what a brilliant night.. The food was superb - very, very tasty, beautifully presented and great service - bit on the pricy side but you sure get what you pay for. Would definitely highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely return on our next celebration.

• Visited February 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“mouth watering food first class service”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

what can I say but excellent myself and my husband used a group-on voucher we were greeted by a large smile and a very friendly welcome atmosphere was very nice and restaurant very clean we started with the king prawn they were very large and the flavors just explored in your month my husband upgraded to the 16oz fillet and I had the rib eye my husband he has his steak blue and it's very rare for restaurants get it right first time but it was no problem for this chef right first time and both steaks just melted in your month and were packed with flavor the potions are just about right but we passed on dessert as were full after 2 courses even if you don,t have a voucher it,s worth ever penny and we will be going back the staff were excellent there when you needed them but not hovering we got first class service I would say a ideal place for couples friends older family's and group's not really for young children or baby,s would advise that you book in advance was booked in the name of Brown

• Visited January 2014
Leicester
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stopped into 1573 on a Monday night for a cosy meal with the other half and was blown away, excellent location, building and service.

They had a fine selection of food on the menu all of which looked super, me and my wife both enjoyed ours and there was plenty on the plate.

Advise booking in advance as not much seating and it got busy even on a Monday, ask for a seat upstairs.

Will be going back again soon.

• Visited February 2014
“Love this Place.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Great steaks cooked perfectly,service fine and friendly.Always think that Fillet is a ridiculous price but treating myself and loved ones is worth it !! Occasionally !!!!!!!

Visited January 2014