“1st time, will deffo be back soon!! A jewel in Leicester City Centres Crown!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1573 Bar & Grill

1573 Bar & Grill
Ranked #66 of 1,127 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Markfield, England, United Kingdom
“1st time, will deffo be back soon!! A jewel in Leicester City Centres Crown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ok, so we are not young, in our 40's, but we are big foodies, and love a-la-carte dining! We struggle to find somewhere nice to eat near us, and what makes it worse, we use to own a hotel/restaurant, making us fussy and hard to please!
We decided to venture into town, the Highcross to be exact, and it was nice to see, nestled amongst all the chain restaurants the 1573 bar and grill.
What a little unknown gem for Leicester City Centre.
It was busy, not all students, there were others who's clubbing days are well in the past, but it made for a nice atmosphere.

The first thing you see when you enter this beautifully restored old building is the bar and the grill! Like a tin of fence paint, it does exactly what it says in the tin - but is so much more!!!!

The first good impression was the staffs concern for my slow accent up the stairs (I am registered disabled and can only manage one step at a time) but never felt I was in the way, as I have in the past in some places. My husband said I was fine, and would catch up, eventually. The drinks arrived very quickly, especially considering the bar is downstairs, and the food arrived in good time, not too quick, as food cooked from fresh shouldn't and not too slow!
I had the Cajun chicken with sautéed potatoes, hubby had the ample mixed grill with chips!

The hot chilli sauce was very hot (maybe I should have gone for the sweet chilli instead) but some mayo soon cooled it. Hubby had the Stilton sauce, the only thing he could possibly complain about was the fact he enjoined it that much he split some down his t-shirt! ;)

The food was yummy, nothing was greasy and I was so full, I couldn't even look at the puds, which is very unlike me! And the service was excellent!

After the meal we decided to sit outside and finish our drinks, hubby ordered me a brandy which came in a perfectly warmed glass, as it should be! The manager took the time to come and ensure we had enjoined our meal, he was an absolute pleasure to talk to.

Finished with a '2 dine for £25*' voucher (*supplements may apply - which at their prices and location is fair enough) valid from Nov to Jan I think, not the usual short space of time voucher, we have had, all together, a fab time and will be back very soon!

Massive thanks to all the staff xx

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Ray_and_Amanda

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went for the first time last night 12th September. Great food, excellent service, great location and an enjoyable night. Staff were first class, very welcoming and service was just great. Will we go back yes! Be aware the was loud music next door from a band but no problem really and you can't fault 1573 for that!

Visited September 2013
“Steakhouse for steak lovers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our second visit, having been impressed on our first visit a few months earlier.
The steaks here are very good quality so not cheap, but worth every penny, my son and partner are very particular about their steaks and will complain if the steak is of poor quality or not cooked exactly as asked, no problems here steaks perfect. Sides just as good and wines on the menu are of good value and the malbec we had (£20 ish) was excellent with the steaks.
With a vegetarian in the party and it being a steakhouse she was not hopeful, but again the venue came up trumps with an excellent veggie option which was not just a token effort for the sake of it.
The venue itself was nicely decorated and suited its style and atmosphere, which had a good vibe.
Waiting staff appear to be drawn from local universities and whilst very pleasant were not highly trained in customer service, but not a problem as a raised hand was noticed immediately.
Overall our experience was excellent and the food supurb and despite my son having finished University we have agreed that the 300 mile roundtrip would be worth it for special occasions.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really nice and enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We both had fillet steak and it was cooked to perfection. We were apologised to for the delay in our main course but due to a great atmosphere we hadn't noticed. This was followed by a complementary desert.... couldn't have asked for a better service :)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gemsanders779
Leicestershire
“great meal and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

great food and service at 1573 bar and grill - 2nd visit and will definately go again! steak and ribs are amazing - onion rings home made and fab - lovely building that has been tastefully refurbished

• Visited July 2013