“Avoid - won't rush back”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of 1573 Bar & Grill

1573 Bar & Grill
Ranked #75 of 1,139 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leicester
“Avoid - won't rush back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a groupon last week with friends in a group of 4. Waited 20 minutes for a menu, a further 15 minutes for drinks. Paid extra for sides and upgraded steaks. My white wine turned up warm - did ask for ice to cool it but never received it. Food arrived after we'd been at the restaurant for approx 45 minutes and after two enquiries as to how long it would take to arrive. Waitress told us it's not her problem it was busy and that there was no management in the restaurant that evening. Clearly this was our problem so we stopped talking to waiters. Noticed at least two other tables complaining about lack of service too. Ribs arrived looked tired with a gloopy glaze. When the steaks came they were burnt on the outside and not rare on the inside - no point complaining as no management and we were very hungry by then. Salad was limp, potatoes dry. Emailed 1573 to complain about lack of service and no reply yet hence the review.

“low quality food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

just been to 1573 on a groupon and i must say very disapointed. the food was poor if you dont believe me just squeeze a chip and watch the grease come out, my wifes steak was cremated she likes it well done but she said this was fit for re-sole someones shoe. when my son asked for tomato sauce which never arrived.the manager did ask my wife what was the problem with her meal and took the price of two drinks off the bill. should of took the price of the meal aswell ,we paid £48 pound for coupon and £80 for addittions this is not the kind of meal or service to warrent this price
we have paid more for our meals and then again less so we have a good idea of value and satisfaction for money, would give this a miss you wont be missing much

“Not Helpfull”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

ordered food, but my partner did not want salad with her food, she requested vegetables in place of and we would pay whatever was required. The waitress stated she has this argument before and the chief wont do it...hence I / WE will NOT be returning or recommending this venue to anyone...very unhelpful...

“Overall good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overall had a good experience at this restraunt. A group of 4 of us went on a wed evening all using a groupon voucher.. Wasn't treated any diffrent.. Very welcoming friendly staff especially Ben. I had read on trip advisor before my visit the problem with the prawns.. You have to tell them you wanted them with your steak whilst ordering else you won't get them.. That is a bit of a scam but thanks to the person who posted it on here previously and made me aware of this. All the food was good.. I would visit the restraunt again if I was to get another groupon voucher.. Nice surroundings/building. Worth a visit.

Leicester
“Good food, good staff, expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was busy and there was a nice gentle buzz about the place. On the plus side, the food was good, well presented and there is choice beyond the steak and burgers that the place is best known for. A few other reviewers have mentioned potion sizes - I had salmon with rice and salad (which was no more than a garnish). I don't usually grumble about portion sizes but it was tiny and very disappointing given the price. The staff were attentive and happy to help although we were visited by several different waiters during the course of the meal, even during the initial ordering process.

One small point in case the owners or managers are reading... why no cheese board ?! You offer a dozen different types of wacky alcoholic coffee combinations but no cheese.

Enjoyed it but wouldn't rush back,

• Visited June 2013