“An old setting well worth a visit”
Review of 1573 Bar & Grill

1573 Bar & Grill
Ranked #77 of 1,159 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“An old setting well worth a visit”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This restaurant is hidden amongst the modern chains of the Highcross development. The setting is lovely and the menu very appealing. Service is friendly and good. The food is interesting but not fussy. Overall, a pleasant place to spend the evening.

• Visited May 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and service was great, food is a bit pricey and masterchef portions! But as a treat sometimes it is lovely. Main courses are around £15.00 and starters around £6, I enjoyed the starter very much, the main meal was nice but I didnt like the chips! they were very fat..Now that is just my personal choice as to how I like my chips..and the plate did seem to be filled with more chips and a little thin fillet of fish. It will probably work out cheaper if you go in a group sharing the bill. Overall its a nice place and some nice seafood.

• Visited April 2013
“Good food but terrible service.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Un friendly, un attentive and just poor.I couldn't see any manager that was very evident in service and atmosphere. badly run restaurant at heart of city centre.

• Visited April 2013
Daventry, England, United Kingdom
“Overpriced & average, there are better places nearby!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited that restaurant a few weeks ago with my wife for lunch, I ordered a rib eye steak -which was one of the smallest and the thinnest rib eye I had- and my wife had a beefburger -came as children size- and 3/4 of her plate was fries. The food was average, service was great and place was clean but for £15 for a steak and £10 for a burger, we think it's very overpriced, with drinks we spent nearly £40 and simply it wasn't worth that much.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester
“Good, but be prepared to pay for it...”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We visited with 2 friends, so 4 people with a Groupon voucher, for Sunday lunch. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and is nicely decorated, so overall a good ambience and an 'up market' feel. There was a problem with the heating so the dining area was a little cold, but the staff brought in some small heaters so this was not a problem. The basis of the menu is 'grill' so steaks feature along side a selection of the usual favourites - ribs, fish etc. The starters were OK, I had soup which was not a particularly generous but fine. For main my wife had a rib eye steak, we two chaps took a fillet (extra to the voucher) and sea bass was the other selection. All the food was of a good standard, the fillet steak I had was excellent! There was a choice of chips, potatoes or rice plus veg. The lady's took an apple crumble each for desert and we chaps topped the meal off with coffee. We also shared some wine which was particularly good. The service was efficient and friendly so all in all it was a very nice meal. My only comment was we worked out that if we didn't have the Groupon deal the meal would have come to close on £200 - this would have felt expensive - so well done Groupon! We would happily return, but be a little wary of the costs.

• Visited March 2013