“WaterBabies the Musical”
Review of Curve Theatre

Curve Theatre
Ranked #5 of 108 things to do in Leicester
More attraction details
Owner description: Curve Theatre is Leicester’s magnificent home for theatre and the performing arts and is situated at the heart of the city’s Cultural Quarter. Curve is a proud supporter of new and emerging talent and actively participates in the development of the next generation of artists, writers and directors. As well as presenting some of the world’s finest touring work, Curve produces a varied programme of diverse, exciting and inspiring theatre including large scale musicals to rival the West End.
Buckinghamshire, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WaterBabies the Musical”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great show, in fact brilliant due to the awesome talent that is Louise Dearman!! It's a real family show, with great songs, effects and a trio of characters providing wonderful humour! Didn't know what to expect but it was excellent.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mary F

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“First visit and what a find”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

First visit to this theatre to see "Water Babies". What a revelation this is. It is quite difficult to find but well worth it. Take advantage of the concession on parking in the NCP car park next to the Curve(do this when booking) or else it is very expensive. Good seating with lots of leg room. As for the show - one word brilliant. The cast, scenery a joy to behold - do your self a favour and catch it while you can.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank jperry247
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Water Babies”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Came to see the show for the preview performance, the show itself was excellent with good characters, some very funny parts. Have now got used to the Curve having been a fan of the old Haymarket. I would have given the show itself 5 stars but what let it down was the internet booking service, it would not take my booking as when I went to sign in it just said I was locked out after to many attempts(I had only tried once!) and e mail to change password did not come through for 5 hours! then the same thing happened again. By the time I eventually had to ring the box office the tickets I wanted had gone! Really thing your booking system needs reviewing. Also when we had a pre show meal it was spoilt by the fact that there was a piano in the cafe that children were constantly pounding on!

2 Thank Anne H
CurveTheatre, Communications at Curve Theatre, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really value hearing our customers' feedback and are so glad you enjoyed Water Babies.

We are sorry to hear that you had trouble with our booking system online, and your comments will be passed on to the relevant team. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please do email us at contactus@curvetheatre.co.uk

Many thanks

Curve Communcations Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent show.”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A lovely evening was had in visiting the theatre. It was a nice intro for me to the theatre. Enjoyed the show with a full auditorium we had a great evening.

1 Thank MilanKoria
Sheffield, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Warm friendly staff, well sign posted, good facilities”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Today was, surprisingly, my first ever visit to this theatre despite my want to go here for many years. The venue certainly didn't let me down. The theatre is similar to the Manchester Royal Exchange in that the auditorium is a separate building within the building that is the curve. This makes it confusing to find your way round the building to the various facilities but it is extremely well sign posted and the staff are more than happy to answer questions.

The do-it-yourself cloakroom was rather confusing but, now I know how to use it, is very secure and user friendly plus it doesn't charge like in many theatres.

The venue is modern, clean and well maintained. Truly the sign it's loved by staff and stakeholders. Although I didn't eat here the cafe seemed very busy all the time I was visiting. The staff were incredibly friendly and willing to assist me by answering questions and having the odd chat about theatre in general.

The auditorium is extremely comfortable. The price of parking next door and the food and drink on site seemed very reasonable compared to most theatres nationwide.

I would definitely recommend this venue and be returning soon! :)

1 Thank duke68012