“Excellent rooms and service”

Abinger Guest House
Ranked #2 of 22 Leicester B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent rooms and service”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Me and my friends stayed at the Abinger Guest House for about 3 days and it was great. The service was really good, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The rooms where really great and the beds where perfect, like sleeping on clouds, we also got to experience the excellent food, that was cooked for us, it tasted great and we really enjoyed it.^^ Bob was really friendly and helped us out so I'm really grateful for that^^ Thank you for all the great service, Beatrice (the "fox" cosplayer/ninja) :)

Room Tip: We had two rooms and they where both great^^
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beatrice L
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hey Beatrice the fox
Thanks for your compliments. Have you seen the pictures on the Facebook page ? We had a great time looking after you crazy Swedish cats, and look forward to welcoming you again - gangsters, exorcists, foxes and all!! Perhaps next year I'll get Pauline to dress up, just send me a picture about a month before you get here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Myself and my daughter stayed here in twin room with ensuite bathroom next door in September as we were visitng DMU. Easy to find on street parking free and very close to the universities and shops. Room was very cosy had sink in room and TV and WIFI. Great place to stay, cosy, breakfast great and owners very friendly. Good location for visitng both Universities and Leicester shopping centre. Nice restaurants just down the road no need to drive to them or Uni or shops if you don't want to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hi Alison
Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad your stay in Leicester was enjoyable and I hope DMU was as accommodating as Abinger was. I'm sorry you didn't get to sample our wonderful sausages.
Remember that if your daughter does decide to study here, you can take advantage of out "poor Student" offer and save 10% on the room next time you stay

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

There is excelent service and the atention of Polly and Bob are great. The room are quiet, clean and has and good wireless service. The breakfast always was good, and has a diversity of fresh alternatives to chose.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hi Eziquiel

Looking after your family was a pleasure for us all and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Abinger. I am sure your daughter will have a great time at the University and we look forward to seeing you again. Meanwhile, if she needs any assistance during her time in Leicester, please let her know that she should fel free to call, as Bogota is far away, and you will probably be sleeping.

Maidstone
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great bed and breakfast, good location, excellent value for money. Would definitely use again. Breakfast was superb, beds very comfortable, Bob is a great character, many thanks for the enjoyable stay, Andy and David.

Hi Andy and David

I hope the open day went well and that you are encouraged to return to Leicester where you can take advantage of our hospitality again and enjoy the "poor student" discount. I am glad you enjoyed the mayhem laughingly referred to as weekend breakfast, and am happy that you confused early onset alzheimers with "character". My long suffering wife just thinks I'm an idiot!!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came to Leicester with my parents to get to know the city before I started my studies at the University, and stayed here for a week. It was comfortable, clean, close to the city center and the breakfast was fine (they have a very flexible menu), the best thing though was the service, Bob and Pauline are both great people. I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hi Maria

Wow, that was quick! You must have penned the review even before they shut the fire alarm off!
It was delightful having your family over and I hope they enjoyed the city as much as the guest house.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope the rest of your time in Leicester will be just as comfortable.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bob, Teresa and Pauline provide excellent quality and reasonably priced accommodation in Leicester. i regularly return, because of the value, the welcome, the location and facilities. 20 minutes to the city centre, less to a wide range of places to eat. I generally choose the "room only" option - valued by a regular traveller - but on the early occasions when I had the breakfast, this was similarly good quality and excellent value. I can't fault it, and will continue to return, I imagine, for some time to come!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Caravaggio602
I wonder who you really are?....and if you tried the new Italian Restaurant at the end of the road?
Thank you for the copmpliments but sorry to hear your sleep quality is less than perfect. When you reveal yourself to me next time around, I'll try my best to fix that with a fluffy pillow, toastie duvet or soft mattress. On th eother hand, if it's Pauline's snoring that keeps you awake, I'm afraid we have tried numerous things but none of them seem to work!

Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 6, 2012

When you arrive at Abinger you are greeted by Bob, an hospitable and friendly man who kindly and amusingly caters for all your needs.
We stayed at Abinger very well, and we had a wonderful breakfast!!!
The furniture of the room was very romantic!

SUGGESTED!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hi Massimo

Thanks for your positive feedback. Sorry I couldn't see you before you left but I hope your wife had a warm and cosy night :) and that she didn't complain too much on the ride back to Europe.