“Great b and b”

Abinger Guest House
Ranked #2 of 22 Leicester B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great bed and breakfast, good location, excellent value for money. Would definitely use again. Breakfast was superb, beds very comfortable, Bob is a great character, many thanks for the enjoyable stay, Andy and David.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Hi Andy and David

I hope the open day went well and that you are encouraged to return to Leicester where you can take advantage of our hospitality again and enjoy the "poor student" discount. I am glad you enjoyed the mayhem laughingly referred to as weekend breakfast, and am happy that you confused early onset alzheimers with "character". My long suffering wife just thinks I'm an idiot!!

There are newer reviews for Abinger Guest House

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came to Leicester with my parents to get to know the city before I started my studies at the University, and stayed here for a week. It was comfortable, clean, close to the city center and the breakfast was fine (they have a very flexible menu), the best thing though was the service, Bob and Pauline are both great people. I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hi Maria

Wow, that was quick! You must have penned the review even before they shut the fire alarm off!
It was delightful having your family over and I hope they enjoyed the city as much as the guest house.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope the rest of your time in Leicester will be just as comfortable.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bob, Teresa and Pauline provide excellent quality and reasonably priced accommodation in Leicester. i regularly return, because of the value, the welcome, the location and facilities. 20 minutes to the city centre, less to a wide range of places to eat. I generally choose the "room only" option - valued by a regular traveller - but on the early occasions when I had the breakfast, this was similarly good quality and excellent value. I can't fault it, and will continue to return, I imagine, for some time to come!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Caravaggio602
I wonder who you really are?....and if you tried the new Italian Restaurant at the end of the road?
Thank you for the copmpliments but sorry to hear your sleep quality is less than perfect. When you reveal yourself to me next time around, I'll try my best to fix that with a fluffy pillow, toastie duvet or soft mattress. On th eother hand, if it's Pauline's snoring that keeps you awake, I'm afraid we have tried numerous things but none of them seem to work!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

When you arrive at Abinger you are greeted by Bob, an hospitable and friendly man who kindly and amusingly caters for all your needs.
We stayed at Abinger very well, and we had a wonderful breakfast!!!
The furniture of the room was very romantic!

SUGGESTED!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Hi Massimo

Thanks for your positive feedback. Sorry I couldn't see you before you left but I hope your wife had a warm and cosy night :) and that she didn't complain too much on the ride back to Europe.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our room was spotless, if not exactly big. Tv, fridge, kettle and sink ware installed. Shower and toilet were right next to our room - also spotless.
The bed was very big - in our opinion could have been smaller to make more floor space - and a tad soft.
Though we didn't see the friendly owner much (he seems to live elsewhere), he did on his own initiative offer us a fan as it was a very hot day.
Breakfast was delicious with full English available alongside a variety of cereals with fresh milk and proper orange juice (not the thinned down lemonade-like stuff you get some places).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Hi Adam
Thanks for your kind review. We hope the bike is better now.

To address your point about the bed; we understand that a superking sized bed does rather dominate the room your stayed in, but we need to have adaptable room configurations throughout Abinger, and all our doubles can be split to make 2 full sized single beds. Not necessary for your visit, but when 2 guys need a room, they are generally reluctant to share the same mattress.

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the fan too.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We enjoyed ourselves at Abinger Guest House because it was in a quiet area, the beds were comfy and wide and there was a teasmade in the bedroom, The showers were well designed and clean. There was plenty of well cooked food for their breakfast with the good company of the hostess and the witty repartee of the host. There were also daily free local newspapers.

Room Tip: The first floor en-suite room at the back was quieter and the bathroom was good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a lot of B&B s in my time, but never one as good as this one .stayed at these digs for 10 weeks or so , while we worked on tesco's .Bob the owner, is the nicest bloke you'll ever meet.And Pauline the lovely lady who makes you the perfect breakfast ,is a real gem .perfect digs x

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Marky1975ish
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Steady on, I won't be able to get my head through the door, and if Pauline reads this she'll want even more money.

Thanks for your excellent review and compliments. It's great to know that our guests truly appreciate our efforts and enjoy our hospitality.