“As Good As Before - Not disappointed”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Having read recent reviews of this hotel I was a little concerned, but I had another enjoyable stay at the Premier Inn in Leicester City Centre whilst visiting the University of Leiester (15-20mins walk). Travel: I would normally use the train, for which this hotel is very convenient. However, this time I brought my car. There was ample parking when I arrived and I felt my car was secure and safe. The staff were very polite and helpful. Breakfast was also enjoyable. For the money this hotel met my expectations (clean, comfy, wi-fi, bar, polite staff & breakfast) - everything you could want for a couple of nights stay. Will definitely be back - again!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend to help my daughter prepare for her wedding in the summer. The guests are planning on staying here then too- quite a few of them as it is reasonably priced and central. The loctaion is great for us and they do family deals with kids go free offer etc. The room was small but comfortable and clean. However, unfortunately the service was terrible! The reception was very poorly manned, sometimes nobody there at all. The bar had no staff whatsoever and when I did find someone, it took 25mins mid afternoon to get 4 coffees!! There is no food served before 6pm whatsoever so I couldn't get any meal one evning as I was rushing out at 6 to meeet ppl re the reception.I managed to get a hot cocolateone evening and asked for one again the next evening to be told they couldn't/wouldn't? make one for me. The room service girl was great however and went out of her way to helpme so that helped. I really hope they improve all this before July!!! Staff training and a "be there for your customers" attitude policy come to mind!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments. We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further, please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't booked and found a comfortable and spacious room at this Premier Inn. The reception staff were friendly and efficient and I was quickly ensconced In my room. The weather was foul so I ate in the hotel. The food was dreadful! I ordered Sticky Chicken Gougons. They were meant to be in a crisp batter. The batter was not crisp. The sticky part of it was very strange because it was 'caramel' sauce. Now I usually put that on ice cream!! I had a large glass of Merlot and the bill for the food was just over £12. However, my bed and pillows were really comfy. My bill for the room was £69. if id booked in advance on line it would have been £29! I would stay again but would always try and book in advance.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited here for my birthday as wanted to have a few drinks and stay over with some friends.

The room was cold, there was no little shampoo or shower gel, the towels were hard and it was so noisey with young people running up and down the corridor at 4 in the morning screaming. The noise from the road was very loud, dont bother! The corridor was full of cold squashed chips Yuk

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A group of us stayed here for my daughters birthday as we had tickets to the comedy club just a few minutes walk away. The rooms were adequate but were a bit musty smelling! They were warm and comfortable and we only paid £30 for the night. It's just as you would expect for a city centre hotel. Loud in the bar area but everyone drunk well into the night even though it took ages to get a drink but it was all very friendly apart from a group of 12 year olds running amok in the reception area until 1am! The staff were polite and friendly and check in and check out was smooth and easy to do. Ample parking down in the basement which was free on a first one first serve basis and only about £6 in the overflow car park if needed. Very close to the train station and all shopping and night spots. The breakfast was awful. Not enough of it and staff unable to cope with the volume of people. I would stay here if I was going out on the town but would be upset if I had paid the full price of £79.00 for the night!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on the 10th March as we had a business meeting in the city centre on the Monday. We arrived around 9pm on the Sunday night and had to wait a bit for the chap to arrive at reception, but it was late.

We had a room on the 7th floor, which was freezing when we arrived, however, we turned the heating up full then went downstairs for dinner.

Dinner was OK, didn't expect anything fantastic anyway, these type of restaurants tend to have mass produced food - tasted OK - nothing special!

The hotel was freezing though, public areas especially, restaurant, bar and corridors.

Our room was warm though - no complaints there.

Breakfast was lovely though, as the hotel wasn't busy, so, instead of a buffet, they make it to order, so everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. The lady who explained everything to us, and served us was very helpful, and extremely nice.

All in all, apart from it being very cold, the stay was as expected!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Premier Inn meets the expectations of this basic yet comfortable and convenient chain of hotels. It is a stone’s throw away from Leicester railway station, and the High Street.
It offers clean, simple and comfortable rooms; as well as a sumptuous breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business