“Theatre break”

Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Theatre break”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn, Leicester City Centre primarily because we were going to see a show at The Curve and the Premier Inn was close to the theatre and we felt we got a good deal for bed and breakfast by booking online with booking.com. Also, the hotel has its own free parking which is a real bonus for a city centre hotel. We were not disappointed. The hotel was much as we expected it to be but the real bonus is the staff, who really went out of their way to ensure we had a good stay. There was a bit of an issue at dinner as we chose to take up the excellent offer in the restaurant of a three course meal a drink and breakfast for £22 - we were assured that the cost of our breakfasts that we had already paid for when booking could be deducted from this. Unfortunately, the service was a little slow - which wouldn't have mattered but we had to get to the show for 7:30pm. This resulted in a bit of confusion about payment and we didn't get our dessert. However, the staff resolved the issue and even served us our desserts when we returned from the theatre later that evening. The next morning the breakfast was really good too. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and pleasant. So main thanks to the great staff who truly made this a memorable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

very good location in the city with underground parking available without charge. Nice large room with up to date wide screen tv. One good security feature is that without your room key, you cannot use the lifts.
Only had breakfast and not an evening meal but this good and the usual selection of hot food, drinks etc.
Pleasant staff.

east midlands
Reviewed October 15, 2012

i was expecting similar to a travelodge. tired, dated and dirty but it was exactly the opposite. It was new and smelt new the rooms where clean quiet and extremly comfortable. The staff where so friendly laughed and joked with us making us feel relaxed and welcome. We didnt eat here but the bar area looked very inviting. Looking at the breakfast menu if your a good eater then the buffet breakfast makes great value for money will deffo try that on our next visit. Would gladly pay the little bit extra to stay in a premier inn rather than travelodge in the future there really is no comparison.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sexybum272
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent Value+ Cleaniness+Location+ FREE PARKING!! Premiere Inn Leicester City Centre
Would use again as good basic faciilites for £29 per night with free parking + very clean room with large freeview TV + 4 beds for family with 2 kids (3+4 years) as beds not strong enough for over 10+years ...however bathroom very bright, clean and airy...overall excellent value based on great location + free car parking! As Ibis City Centre has very small Free car park and costs 6 per night to park car!

Room Tip: Top floor room as nice view of Leicester!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

OK, so I went to this place with a lot of preconceptions, assuming if the chain needed that much advertising it would be tired, functional, OK for a stopover while I was working. Here's what happened.

I arrived and was greeted warmly by the guy on the desk. He made sure I knew I could get hold of him anytime and told me what time he was available - without being prompted. The room was clean, comfortable and goodness only knows how it was that quiet in Leicester. Half an hour free WiFi, decent sized bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities. I was tired so dined at the hotel. The waiting staff were perfectly pleasant and when they realised I was alone they stopped for a little chat - it was clear that they had some happy regulars around. The steak I had was cooked exactly as I'd asked and arrived promptly. I'd arrived relatively late but they insisted I could have a dessert as the kitchen wouldn't close until everyone was happy (I didn't want one but appreciated the thought).

The bar staff were equally warm and helpful. I went to bed feeling unexpectedly relaxed, and checking out was an absolute breeze. I arrived with trepidation; if I'm in Leicester on business again I will have this as my first choice.

Room Tip: It's very central so the higher up the building you go, the further away from the traffic you ar...
London
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times over the last couple of years. The hotel represents good value in the heart of Leicester and is very close to the train station.
The size of room varies but usually are clean and comfortable.

Only had one bad experience at this hotel when we were neighbouring a room that sounded like they were having a party - we complained and were moved to a quieter floor and money refunded for the night.

In terms of price - booking well in advance means you can get this hotel for around £50.00pn

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire, England
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I think the highest compliment you can give a hotel is that you would happily stay there again.....and I would. There for a workshop at Leicester Tigers Rugby Ground (that's good by the way) but will happily bring the family up for a couple of days out. To get 5 stars from me is hard but, if I could, they would get 4 and a half comfortably. Staff are excellent, quad room is enormous, breakfast was superb and location fine (although it is not hard to get lost in the one way system). The only niggle, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was me, is that the water could be hotter. Fine for a shower but only for 5 minute bath. You cannot wallow!

1 Thank Dragonsbreath