“Surpassed expectations”

Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
London, England, United Kingdom
“Surpassed expectations”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

OK, so I went to this place with a lot of preconceptions, assuming if the chain needed that much advertising it would be tired, functional, OK for a stopover while I was working. Here's what happened.

I arrived and was greeted warmly by the guy on the desk. He made sure I knew I could get hold of him anytime and told me what time he was available - without being prompted. The room was clean, comfortable and goodness only knows how it was that quiet in Leicester. Half an hour free WiFi, decent sized bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities. I was tired so dined at the hotel. The waiting staff were perfectly pleasant and when they realised I was alone they stopped for a little chat - it was clear that they had some happy regulars around. The steak I had was cooked exactly as I'd asked and arrived promptly. I'd arrived relatively late but they insisted I could have a dessert as the kitchen wouldn't close until everyone was happy (I didn't want one but appreciated the thought).

The bar staff were equally warm and helpful. I went to bed feeling unexpectedly relaxed, and checking out was an absolute breeze. I arrived with trepidation; if I'm in Leicester on business again I will have this as my first choice.

Room Tip: It's very central so the higher up the building you go, the further away from the traffic you ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
London
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times over the last couple of years. The hotel represents good value in the heart of Leicester and is very close to the train station.
The size of room varies but usually are clean and comfortable.

Only had one bad experience at this hotel when we were neighbouring a room that sounded like they were having a party - we complained and were moved to a quieter floor and money refunded for the night.

In terms of price - booking well in advance means you can get this hotel for around £50.00pn

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire, England
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I think the highest compliment you can give a hotel is that you would happily stay there again.....and I would. There for a workshop at Leicester Tigers Rugby Ground (that's good by the way) but will happily bring the family up for a couple of days out. To get 5 stars from me is hard but, if I could, they would get 4 and a half comfortably. Staff are excellent, quad room is enormous, breakfast was superb and location fine (although it is not hard to get lost in the one way system). The only niggle, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was me, is that the water could be hotter. Fine for a shower but only for 5 minute bath. You cannot wallow!

1 Thank Dragonsbreath
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Amazing value. very friendly, spotless and huge room, enormous tv, warm, v comfortable bed and best night's sleep I've had in months! A great location if you're arriving into Leicester station (it is a two minute walk round the corner) and then there's a cab rank there too - v convenient. Didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. Would be good to have an early check in option - don't arrive before 2.00pm! Although they can look after your luggage for you if that happens.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Blackpool
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel monday 1st october 2012 till tuesday 2nd october 2012 and we couldnt say a bad word about the place or staff. We arrived around 1.30pm and i had to babysit my nephew when we arrived so took him to the hotel with me and i thought i was going to be told i couldnt take him to the room as we only booked for 2 adults as it was just us staying, but the receptionist asked us if we needed a cot in the room incase my nephew was to go to sleep and that it was fine for him to be with us in our room. We stayed in room 603 on the 6th floor and it was lovely not a spot of dirt anywhere, the bed was so comfy and we had a good nights sleep we didnt get disturbed once, we rang up for an ironing board and within 10 mins we recieved it. All in all this was a great stay friendly staff and great clean rooms would defiently recommened.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Have stayed here a few times, and am booked in later this month. Good hotel,great location, free parking........but I have eaten on two occasions in the restaurant and found the food to be okay but the staff are not the most competent. The first time I was overcharged, this took 15 to 20 minutes to sort out.
The latest meal resulted in me paying, then to be phoned in my room being accused of not paying and doing a runner - its shambolic
needs sorting out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations.
Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received in the restaurant.
Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Leeds UK
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Premier Inn from the outside looks like a dissused car park! However the inside is very welcoming, the staff are very friendly & the rooms are excellent., and the car parking facilities were also excellent.

We are going again!