“Excellent value for money”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Even though it was supposed to be a twin room (our mistake not Premier Inn's fault), the staff didn't bat an eyelid at two women sharing a bed. They were polite, very helpful and reception were always there to help us.

The room was very clean and it had all the facilities that you need including a decent tv.

Breakfast was fine although I found the vegetarian sausage a bit dry. Maybe they could use Cauldron ones instead.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel

Reviewed June 2, 2011

friendly staff and perfect location add that to free parking and you have a perfect location for a holiday in leicestershire

Room Tip: the view from the 9th floor is spectacular
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vespapx200e
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I came here on business, arriving at around 4.45pm. It turned out that, while my employer had paid for the hotel, they had not faxed a copy as well. While this was no doubt due to my employer not reading the smallprint and the staff were sympathetic, they were certainly inflexible. With it being just minutes before every member of the finance team back at the office went home, it took me a while to get something sorted. Again, not the hotel's fault, but their inflexibility did prolong the process.

When all this was over, I got my room card and headed up to a far corner, only to find my card didn't work and having to haul my luggage back down to reception as there were no phones on my floor (except in rooms).

When I did settle the room was excellent, though there were some attention to details issues (a hair in the sink, no soap in dispenser, no decaff coffee or herbal teas by the kettle). Certainly it was conformable and I got an excellent nights sleep.

I was disappointed that the WiFi charges were so extortionate. I already subscribe to plans that allow me to use O2, TheCloud, BTOpenzone and other providers, but only an Orange package was available here at entirely unaffordable prices.

The evening meal was appalling. I was staying on a value deal which meant I had to pick from a reduced menu. Despite the menu as a whole catering extremely well for vegetarians, the deal menu included only one choice. The food was average, mainly having the appearance and quality of something you'd get in a chain pub for a fraction of the price. I suspect most of it was taken out the freezer and either deep fried or nuked on my behalf. The only thing worse than the food was the service. It took nearly five minutes from me being seated to even being offered a drink (and it wasn't exactly busy), I was then able to drink my class of wine before the starter arrived. I asked for a glass of tap water when my main arrived, reminded them when they collected it and again when I ordered desert. Finally, having got bored of waiting, I left.

I made these remarks on my comment card, leaving contact details, but have heard nothing.

I should add that the breakfast did not follow the experience of the night before. It was excellent, and I couldn't say a bad word about it.

All in all, I suppose I shouldn't moan. It was a relatively cheap stay at a very good location and I've not slept that soundly in a hotel in years and, ultimately, that's what I (well, my employer) were paying for. However, having had a look round Leicester, I realise that there were many, many better places to eat, several better places to drink and, possibly, equally good places to stay. The problems weren't huge...they were just small things. But when they all add up, you leave disappointed, knowing things could have been much better.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank kevin_cw
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by the Management Team at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The hotel is located a couple of minutes walk from the train station so it's nice and handy. The staff are friendly and attentive. The rooms are clean, of a good size and equipped with everything you need. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is nice and the food from the restaurant in the evening is good too. Only minor gripe is the bedroom windows can't be opened so there is a very slight musty smell. Overall a really really good stay. So much better than the ramada in Leicester and cheaper too. I'll definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank toferbrum
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Had never stayed in Premier Inn before but needed somewhere close to railway station and where I was visiting. Didn't expect too much as it only cost £52 for the night but was very pleasantly surprised. Room was large, modern, well equipped and the bathroom was spotless. As advertised, the bed was large, comfortable and the linen very good (definately not budget as some other chains are). Didn't eat there but breakfast looked quite good. Despite being on first floor and just set back from the main road it was surprisingly quiet. Not the best end of town but okay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TATraveller
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Very easy check-in service and friendly staff. The room was very clean nothing too fancy but was great for the price we paid. No iron in room but called room service and a staff member brought it straight away to my room. I would definitely stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Close to Shopping Centre, restaurants and clubs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lilac1973
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel.The location is perfect for the railway station and the shops.The staff are very helpful and friendly, and immediately gave us a map of the area to enable us to locate the local amenities.The room was very clean and presentable,with a comfortable bed and extra pilows if we needed them,with adequate storage and hanging space. The bathroom was of the highest standard in decor and cleanliness.The room also offered tea/coffee making facilties, and a tv.

• Stayed: April 2011