“Excellent”

Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here as a quick overnight stop (Booked via the Internet).

Nice to see a brand of hotels offering a reasonable rate via their own website and not trawling through 3rd party sites.

We checked in very late (having had a 6.5hr drive to reach Leicester). No problems with this at all.

Room was warm, with Air con (if required) and a functioning window (For fresh air). The shower was powerful and was very clean and well kept.

Overall Good (Apart from 1 or 2 more sockets in the room may have been of an advantage). Nightmare when two phones requiring charge (Most people have smart phones that require charged once a day!!) :)

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent first stay at Ibis Budget Leicester.

It was a pleasure to hear your positive feedback in regards to the hotel being value for money, with a clean room and a good powerful shower. I am going to share your comments with all of my team who I am sure will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated.

Don’t forget the Local Pubs/Restaurants offering discounts if you are staying with us. Please also look for some fantastic Offers to book online only for any future stays with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Budget hotel Leicester in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Thursday evening as somewhere cheap to get some rest over night. We were able to check in late. Parking was free. Despite being near main road there was zero traffic noise.

The room was spacious but with only one plug point we struggled to charge both our mobiles at once. Even an adaptor available would solve this.

Bed was ok but the mattress was very thin so could have been more comfortable.

Good powerful shower and clean too.

• Stayed: October 2012
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

It was a pleasure to hear your positive feedback in regards to the hotel being value for money, with a clean room and a good powerful shower. We are due for a refurb of our rooms next year and during this period we will be looking in to replacing the mattress unfortunately I can not advise you when exactly this will be so. I am going to share your comments with all of my team who I am sure will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

It's a budget Hotel so expect no frills etc but what you will get is a good cleanroom that is quite comfortable, albeit a bit small. But as a single it was fine for a couple of days. TV is a bit basic but understand that will be improved next year. Bathroom is module type but the shower is great. Excellent value and good for the city etc.

Staff very helpful and friendlyand a good deal on a breakfast.

It would be nice to have tea and coffee in the room and a phone because mobile reception is not the best.

Room Tip: I always choose the front of hotel for mobile reception.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay again at ibis budget Leicester.

I'm very pleased that you have always found the staff very helpful and friendly during your stay with us and the rooms although small but very comfortable and clean rooms with a great shower. A excellent value for money and in an ideal location for access to Leicester city.

Yes you are quite correct and that we are due for a refurbishment of our rooms next year and during this period we will be looking in to replacing the TV’s with Freeview capability. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to ibis budget hotel Leicester in the future.

Mayank Solanki

Reviewed October 20, 2012

- No wi-fi in rooms.
- No tea and coffee in room - extremely unhappy about this, and that I was not told by reception or instructed as to how to get tea and coffee in the morning.
- No basic freeview channels.
- No working AC

Also, my friend visited the hotel to bring me something important that I required only to be stopped abruptly and told by a staff member that visitors are NOT allowed - I found this rude and very intrusive on my stay at the hotel...something of which I have never experienced before in hotels. I understand that this is a cheap hotel, which I assume is the reason for all the other below satisfactory issues I encountered, but being a cheap hotel doesn't mean the staff should intrude on people's stay and keep tabs on guests making us feel as through we're being watched.

Started off nicely, only to be spoiled from then on. Would have been okay with the stay if it wasn't for that comment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay at ibis budget hotel Leicester.

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Budget in Leicester. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 0116 2674904 or email me on h6595-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband son and I would like to extend a warm thank-you to the staff at this hotel .We had just come from a large Paris Ibis hotel which was lovely-and were pleasantly surprised that the rooms were of the same quality and design-we stayed for 10days as we had come for my Fathers funeral and were visiting family-the atmosphere was very warm and friendly and helpful as well as professional-I loved the open concept bathroom with seat in shower -It was quiet and comfortable.The continental breakfast was good value as were the room prices-my only request would be a mirror in the room near a plug in to dry and curl my hair.My son loved the fact it was close to KFC and a large Shell store and the buses to Leicester were every 10 minutes-we went for walks and loved the view of fields -all around a wonderful experience -will definitely be back-thanx again .

Room Tip: we stayed in number 8 which was nice and bright
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

First of all I am sorry once again about your recent loss. I'm very pleased that you found the room’s prices and continental breakfast to be of good value for money. I am very happy that everyone felt like it was home away from home with the atmosphere being very warm and friendly and helpful as well as professional.

Just to let you know for future stays with us about the two local pubs nearby the hotel who offer discount on food if you are staying with us. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights with my family. Check-in was professional but very abrupt however that's our only criticism. Rooms are smaller than average but functional with a double bed and bunk, the shower was good and the rooms were clean and well maintained, as were the communal areas of the hotel. Food and drinks were available onsite at average prices. There is ample parking and a service area with petrol, shop, restaurant and KFC adjoining. At £18 a night the hotel is great value for an overnight stop or as a base if you are visiting the area. I would use again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be clean overall and well maintained with excellent value for money and good showers. I am sorry and disappointed about the abrupt check in but glad it was still professional. Ibis Budget hotels (formerly Etap) are a fairly new concept to the UK and are not one that everyone is familiar with therefore the layout of the room is different, practical and functional.