“Not happy - Intrusive Staff Member”

Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed October 20, 2012

- No wi-fi in rooms.
- No tea and coffee in room - extremely unhappy about this, and that I was not told by reception or instructed as to how to get tea and coffee in the morning.
- No basic freeview channels.
- No working AC

Also, my friend visited the hotel to bring me something important that I required only to be stopped abruptly and told by a staff member that visitors are NOT allowed - I found this rude and very intrusive on my stay at the hotel...something of which I have never experienced before in hotels. I understand that this is a cheap hotel, which I assume is the reason for all the other below satisfactory issues I encountered, but being a cheap hotel doesn't mean the staff should intrude on people's stay and keep tabs on guests making us feel as through we're being watched.

Started off nicely, only to be spoiled from then on. Would have been okay with the stay if it wasn't for that comment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay at ibis budget hotel Leicester.

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Budget in Leicester. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 0116 2674904 or email me on h6595-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband son and I would like to extend a warm thank-you to the staff at this hotel .We had just come from a large Paris Ibis hotel which was lovely-and were pleasantly surprised that the rooms were of the same quality and design-we stayed for 10days as we had come for my Fathers funeral and were visiting family-the atmosphere was very warm and friendly and helpful as well as professional-I loved the open concept bathroom with seat in shower -It was quiet and comfortable.The continental breakfast was good value as were the room prices-my only request would be a mirror in the room near a plug in to dry and curl my hair.My son loved the fact it was close to KFC and a large Shell store and the buses to Leicester were every 10 minutes-we went for walks and loved the view of fields -all around a wonderful experience -will definitely be back-thanx again .

Room Tip: we stayed in number 8 which was nice and bright
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

First of all I am sorry once again about your recent loss. I'm very pleased that you found the room’s prices and continental breakfast to be of good value for money. I am very happy that everyone felt like it was home away from home with the atmosphere being very warm and friendly and helpful as well as professional.

Just to let you know for future stays with us about the two local pubs nearby the hotel who offer discount on food if you are staying with us. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights with my family. Check-in was professional but very abrupt however that's our only criticism. Rooms are smaller than average but functional with a double bed and bunk, the shower was good and the rooms were clean and well maintained, as were the communal areas of the hotel. Food and drinks were available onsite at average prices. There is ample parking and a service area with petrol, shop, restaurant and KFC adjoining. At £18 a night the hotel is great value for an overnight stop or as a base if you are visiting the area. I would use again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be clean overall and well maintained with excellent value for money and good showers. I am sorry and disappointed about the abrupt check in but glad it was still professional. Ibis Budget hotels (formerly Etap) are a fairly new concept to the UK and are not one that everyone is familiar with therefore the layout of the room is different, practical and functional.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

At only £18 a night this hotel had everything that I needed with some added bonuses that I wasn't expecting. The rooms and general appearance of the hotel whilst basic felt new and was spotlessly clean. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food and drink facilities in the reception area were a good feature.

• Stayed: August 2012
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay with ibis budget Leicester and giving us the maximum 5 star ratings.

It was a great pleasure to read your positive feedback in regards to a friendly and helpful team of staff. This Sept 2012 the hotel will be 4 years old and I am pleased that the rooms even though basic were still spotlessly clean, comfortable and great value for money. I am going to share your comments with all of my team who I am sure will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ibis budget Leicester in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel was clean,the shower was a good size with a powerful spray and the bed was comfortable. We had to ask for a toilet roll - only a little bit with no spare roll when we arrived. No tea and coffee making facilities in the room - we had to pay £1.50 each for sachets of Nescafé coffee.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
EtapLeicester, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, rooms with comfortable beds and a great shower. I will also relay your kinds comments to the housekeeping department accordingly. In conjuntion to the sachets please do try the coffee from our new coffee machine. It's freshly grinded coffee beans offers you different hot drink options at only £1.40.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We paid £18.00 per night for a family room.
Plenty of car parking spaces, very freindly staff, quick check in.
Next door to a large petrol station so if you need anything they were open late, they also had a large cafe style food area for breakfast etc.
Rooms were of an average size, separate toilet and shower, which is good if you are with children.
One plug socket in the room.
The only one small thing was we booked a family room but only had 2 bath towels.

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, value for money, and friendly staff who made a quick and efficient check in. Ibis Budget (fomerly Etap) hotels are a fairly new concept to the Uk and are not one that everyone is familiar with therfore the layout of the room is different, practical and functional as well as the product concept.