“Ignore foolish arrogant reviews with poor spelling - Kayal is excellent.”
Review of Kayal

Kayal
Ranked #7 of 1,169 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Kayal - The first authentic Kerala seafood speciality - has become the most popular of its kind to the people of Britain and this family run group of restaurant has become a favourite with dedication and passion for good food. Numerous awards and recognitions proved them distinctive to the normal fellow restaurants. 'Healthiest Restaurant Award' proved that Kayal do care about healthy food. Kayal is all about tradition, qualities, discoveries, fresh ingredients and aromas. Facilities: Entertaining Clients, Groups, Private Dining, Reservations, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Dessert and Bar Scene.
Spain
“Ignore foolish arrogant reviews with poor spelling - Kayal is excellent.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Kayal produces Southern Indian food of an exceptional quality, well presented and excellently served in good surroundings with fairly cosmopolitan customers of a wide age range. I was surprised to read an illiterate diatribe against the food, the service and even the customers (who, according to the troll who gave the worst review, are bearded including the women).
I suggest anyone interested should look at all the Reviews including the one who can't spell (it is privilege not privelage by the way and it's means it is, not the possesive ). I suggest anyone who really knows about food tries Kayal.
We dined 24 Sepember 2012, and will certainly go again, and no, dim Troll person, we do not live in Oadby, we live near Barcelona and I do hope you will not sully our local Restaurants with your presence.

• Visited September 2012

“Lovely and unique cuisine, great service”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Leicester isn't short of Indian restaurants, and the quality is usually so high that few places can stand out. Kayal does because of its focus on South Indian cuisine. There are at least half a dozen main dishes on the menu that I have never encountered elsewhere in Leicester, and all are delicious. Add to that the very helpful and friendly waiting staff and I would recommend this every time. This wasn't my first visit, and it won't be my last.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Normally amazing:-(”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I normally go to the Kayal with work for the buffet dinners and it is always amazing. Therefore when a friend came over to Leicester I suggested we go there, downstairs was busy and had an amazing atmosphere but as it was so busy we were placed upstairs. This didn't bother us as we could chat easily, what wasn't up to scratch was the food, there was very little meat in the meat dishes and it was served warm not hot. I will go again but probably to a buffet, where I think as a restaurant they excell.

2 Thank F00die66
YVR
“Great South Indian food!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Recommended by books and our hotel, we wanted to go somewhere for South Indian food that we remembered so well from a trip to Kerala. This place brought it all back. A huge menu of South Indian dishes and every one our waiter recommended was not only dishes we had in Kerala, but pretty much was just as good. Better yet, we introduced our som and his GF to this cuisine and they loved the place and the food as well. Try this place if you like Indian and want something different.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“A taste of southern India”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My partner and I have eaten here on at least 6 occasions. The welcoming attitude of all the staff make it a venue for special occasions. We plan to take our friends and this style of cooking which suits out family to who enjoy fine dining.
We are relatively new to this style of cooking which tends to focus on vegetarian dishes which are produced from freshly cooked ingredients.
The highly trained and friendly staff are extremely helpful in recommending different dishes each time we visit. Interestingly there is also a very informative video on Kerala and the surrounding area which was produced by the Indian tourist board. This is normally in action at lunchtimes.
The restaurant is ideally situated on Granby Street a minute from the main line station. The wine list is also very fairly priced as is the house wine.

• Visited August 2012