See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hathern, and was a little apprehensive owing to a previous negative review. Needn't have been, it was 100% wrong. Everything from online check in, good communication, (info sent by text and e-mail),very,very clean room and bathroom. The only "smell" was a faint whiff of bleach in the toilet. In room fridge, Now TV included, reasonable WiFi, clean and fairly well equipped kitchen free laundry and dryer. The only thing the room could do with is a chair. It's way better than a hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Gary S, Owner at Jaylets Easy Living Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Thanks for the comments Paul. The other comments are false and malicious so I'm glad you felt the need to put the record straight!

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Absolute rubbish response.
Truth is they were reported for the terrible state the place is in.
Yes the fire people have visited and have issued a mandatory list of things to rectify.
Bottom line is they have been caught with a unsafe premises.
£200.000 spent. I very much doubt it.
Done on the cheap. More like £200!!
£200.000 to put it right is what should have been stated.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at jaylets motel hathern twice once in the bungalow and there is no fire alarm or extinguisher and the outside door opens in instead of out also doesn’t lock so no security, i then stayed again and asked to be in the main hotel and I got put in 804 which has no windows and the vent was turned off if there was a fire you wouldn’t get out, I then overheard people talking in the kitchen saying the fire alarm doesn’t work in the main hotel and people were smoking in the corridors I thought strange no alarm going off so looked at the box near the front door and it says FAULT HENCE IT NOT GOING OFF also the front door and the kitchen door are always on the catch so anybody can wander in, then there is the bin issue they never get emptied all rubbish blowing round the back all in all terrible place would never stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Gary S, Owner at Jaylets Easy Living Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2018

YET ANOTHER FALSE AND MILEADING REVIEW FROM AN ANONYMOUS PERSON. LOOKS LIKE TRIP ADVISOR IS THE LATEST TROLL MEDIUM.
Our fire equipment and security has been reviewed by Health and Safety, Building control and the Fire service for compliance and is fine. Our fire alarm is also tested weekly. Here's the truth:
Total average
Staff
4.2/5
Cleanliness
Overall properties
4/5

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

People looking to stay at this shambolic place need to be made aware of the following.
Fire alarm in main building not working.
No external lighting anywhere. Trip hazards a plenty. Very dangerous after dark.
Waste bins overflowing with rubbish attracting rats.
One room in main building has no windows. A huge danger for somebody staying there. Thus giving no ventilation. And if there is a fire on ground floor yiu have no escape route. Is this legal or a breach of health and safety. The latter I have been informed.
The annex next to main building has zero fire precautions. Three small rooms crammed in to maximise profits.
There are cables hanging freely along the corridors.
The general state of the place is below par in ever way. Done on the cheap.
Local authorities have been informed of all health and safety breaches.
Please look at attached pictures before you consider stopping at this disgusting place.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank Amanda J
Gary S, Owner at Jaylets Easy Living Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

This review is false and misleading.
The Fire Alarm is brand new and fully functioning.
External lighting is currently being upgraded, along with the whole building.
Waste is collected weekly by Bakers Waste.
The one room from 24 without a window has a 50" TV and has full ventilation and has been passed by the Fire Safety Department, Building control and Health and Safety.
The annex has a full fire alarm system passed by the Fire Regulator and council.
There are no cables 'hanging freely' in the corridors. The building is currently being fully re wired to modern spec.
£200,000 has been spent on refurbishing the property and we haven't finished yet. Hardly 'done on the cheap'.
Local authorities have indeed visited the property and have no concerns.
We have no records of an 'Amanda J' ever staying with us so can only assume this is a FAKE REVIEW done with malicious intent.
Here is some real feedback to give you a true reflection of current guest satisfaction:
Total average
Staff
4.2/5
Cleanliness
Overall properties
4/5

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I had not seen the reviews on here or the photos. Booked through another site where it got good reviews. I’m glad for that because I quite liked it. After booking my room I got a text message with the entrance door code as well as my room door code and a link for instructions how to use them. I called to confirm my booking and was told that it’s all self service and I won’t be met or welcomed by any staff which was fine by me considering I drove in quite late.

It was fairly easy to find following google navigation. A parking spot available for each room. Inside it was clean and fresh, no relation to the pictures posted here. It must have been renovated recently!

I had room 506 which is on the ground floor facing the front of the house.. yes, it’s a house converted into a motel. Bed and pillows were comfy. Had clean laminated floors. Towel was fresh, thick and clean. I used a large bathroom on the upper floor. Don’t know if there’s any other. Looks like there’s just 9 rooms and one shared bathroom. It was quite big with a bath tub as well as a shower. I stumbled upon a kitchen when I was looking for the bathroom but didn’t get a chance to use it or even look around but certainly a plus. From what I saw it was pretty decent.

There was a TV in the room but didn’t use it. There’s complimentary WiFi, again I didn’t use it.

For what I paid, this was certainly the best deal accommodation I’ve stayed in in Leicester.

I was very quiet. I arrived after 2300 and left at 0700 so everyone must have been asleep throughout my stay so I can’t tell what it’d be like if you’re trying to have an early night in bed.

Overall I got more than what I expected.

Date of stay: August 2018