“Decent Food, Reasonably Priced”

Swatlands Restaurant
Ranked #517 of 1,138 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Market Bosworth, United Kingdom
“Decent Food, Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

A group of 4 of us recently visited here upon buying a Groupon voucher.
However after looking at the standard menu prices I would say that it is fairly competitively priced and would probably go again (regardless of discount voucher).
The food was decent and staff fairly expedient.
The only downside was that we were seated in a very small alcove (which had 3 tables: 2 x 4 people, 1 x 2 people); which at times felt a little too cosy/borderline cramped.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Peter B

leicester
“Regularly fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I regularly go to Swatlands... There allergen advice is great, their low fat choices are fantastic and aren't low in taste, the service is usually great... They could do with expanding their dessert selection but then from my experience its rarely the strong point of most indian restaurants?

I would highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dreamer1979
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Indian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband visited on a Monday night. We had a Groupon voucher which we'd paid £20 for an entitled us to mains, rice, naan and a popadom each.

When we arrived at 7.30 there were 4 other tables, all well spaced so no body was sat on top of each other. There were 3 members of staff serving. We were given menus and our drinks order was taken. We chose to pay for a starter, which at £11 was quite pricey. We also ordered an extra popadom. The poppadoms and pickles were brought out immediately and were delicious. We then shared the meat sizzler for a starter, which again was delicious - all the meat was tender and well marinated. For mains I chose the chicken tikka saag, which they cooked especially following their healthy option - which is great. Meat was again tender and well marinated and the sauce was very tasty. My husband had the chicken tikka korma and I have to say the sauce was exceptional. My husband had a plain naan and I had a peshwari. The peshwari was one of the nicest I've tasted, my only criticism was it was drenched in oil. The rice was well cooked and fluffy. With 3 cokes and a water, the final bill that we had to pay in additional was £18 so this isn't a cheap option but it is very nice.

Pineapple shots were bought out with the bill and mint chocolates. Hot hand towels were also bought out which I always find a nice touch.

One last point, the sculpture right next to our table of the female form, whilst artistic was very graphic and not necessarily what I want staring me in the face when I'm eating my dinner!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lozel84
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic curry if you want something a bit different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is our regular as we live within walking distance and we are never disappointed! Although a little pricier than some- you get what you pay for! The quality of the food is outstanding, the chicken and lamb are always tender and piping hot, and you can tell the dishes have been freshly prepared. Our favourite dishes are the jalfrezi chicken, garlic chilli chicken, tawa chicken or paneer, lamb rogan josh, lamb Karahi and lamb biryani. For veg the saag aloo is lovely, as is the chana masala and the aubergine curry- we always struggle to decide what to have! What I also like about the menu is it indicates the 'healthier' dishes. The staff are helpful and attentive without being annoying and it's great that they will adapt recipes to your liking. The restaurant has many regulars, no matter what day of the week we go, it's always busy! The only downside is they when it's very busy the food can take a while to come out- but that's because it's being freshly prepared! The curries here do not taste like the ones you get in 90% of the places in Leicester and that's what we like about it. If you want more traditional/ authentic then you may not like it, but this place is definitely worth a visit!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank P P
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not as good as everyone makes out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I mean I have been here twice through no choice of my own as it was a work do each time. I mean I am not saying its bad but I wouldn't say its the best in Leicester! The curries are not authentic and doesn't have that Begali flavour that you can get. Its quite expensive for what you get. Service and atmosphere is really good but I just don't think the food is that great.

• Visited September 2012