“Definitely worth a visit”

Maiyango Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maiyango Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,152 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: European, Fusion, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
leicester
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been here twice. The first time was absolutely brilliant! We paid under £30 per person for three relatively large and extremely lovely courses plus fresh bread and dipping oil, a bonus mini soup and a lovely sorbet. Great value for money and I loved the little surprise treats in between the courses. But due to the small number of dishes available I felt I had to leave it a while before returning. The second time unfortunately, I found it hard to pick anything i particularly fancied and found my eventually chosen lamb was quite over cooked, but still very tasty. This is the only reason why I have given 4 and not 5 out of 5 stars. I am sure next time it will be as good as the first time i went.

Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food, delicious flavours and beautifully presented. Not cheap, but very tasty. Atmosphere good too.

Leicester
“Nice but...”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Lovely place but expected more from the price range and the reviews read. Not impressed with the food and very disappointed with the service. Great for drinks – I would certainly go back for a drink with friends if in town. It’s a shame the bar area is only small. Not rushing back for food.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Certainly not what i expected.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Firstly i have been pre warned the restaurant is expensive but worth the price due to the venue being so cosey and decorated so beautifully.
I visited the restaurant for a special occation, my girlfriend coming back from travelling.
We arrived with high hopes and on time 7:30pm. nice cocktails, good service, gorgeous food and the coseiness we were looking for to sit and talk.
The drinks on arrival and the service was average sitting at the bar ordering a drink and drinking it, nothing special.
Then as we were forced to read through the food menu and dragged to the table we starting to wonder what race we had entered!
We had less than 5 minutes to read through the menu when the waiter appeared pad and pen ready and demanded we order now due to the two hour slot.
Ok so we quickly ordered.
Starter come out in a few minutes that was fine and some soup too which we didnt order. We ate and carried on chatting.
I then needed to visit the toilet quickly.
In that time my girlfriend was sat at the table and had the mains brought over. She waited 10 seconds or less for me to arrive back from the toilet when a waiter pounced and said to her "you dont have to wait for him to come back before starting to eat" she was go smacked and so was i when i had heard.
Constantly throughout the night we were pushed to hurry and eat hurry and order hurry and drink.
I cant eat microwave food too quick the food was horrible for me and my girlfriend.
I do love a good burger, fries and a beer from weatherspoons and maiyango was no match.
Just about to take the last bite of my main course and the french waiter came accross and said "ok ill get the damage" ...... In fine dinning english that means "would you like me to get the bill for you?"
I wont be visiting this restaurant again but i might visit for drinks with friends. Its not a place for a relaxing evening meal and wine with your loved one.
No way is it worth the over £100 bill we paid.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Arrived early for our 8:45 booking there was a problem with our booking which Fabio the restaurant manager resolved straight away I had the goats cheese parfait with apple and beetroot it was outstanding followed by the fillet of and slow braised shin it was all really really nice presentation was superb and nothing was too much trouble for any of the well informed staff all in all it was one of the best meals and restaurants that I have been too in a long time well done miayango keep it up

• Visited January 2013