“So tasty & filling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Globe

The Globe
Ranked #48 of 1,139 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Globe, Leicester is a fantastic traditional pub serving 7 real ales, two ciders and a huge whisky selection as well as wines and continental lagers...We serve fresh, seasonal and locally sourced pub grub everyday including a top notch, home-made Sunday roast every week and launching in late September 2012. We also have an upstairs restaurant which can cater for up to 50 guest dining or 80 enjoying a buffet.
Birmingham UK
“So tasty & filling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Following a night out for a wedding in Leicester 4 of us roamed the streets looking for some grub, not wanting to go with the normal chain place or take away, (there was a brief moment of looking at a £5 buffet place....) using the power of the internet we found The Globe.
So glad we did, lovely looking old pub with little nooks and crannys to sit in and enjoy the food.
Drinks wise, nice selection of ales, (rotating names) beers and ciders. There wasn't any of the winter spice cider I wanted, but they let me drink the last drop of the barrel before making another selection.

As it was Sunday, a roast was in order, with a 3 course for £13 we couldn't refuse.
To start I had fish cakes, served on a slate title (why?) my fish cakes were a low point of the meal just tasted of cold potato, my partners pate was amazing, knew I'd made the wrong choice!

After about 6-7 min's the roast turned up, thankfully on a plate!
The meat (beef) as so tender and tasty, massive yorkshire puds and tasty veggies, could have done with more gravy, but tbf we didn't ask for any. Only down point was some rather stiff and cold parsnips
After a polite debate about not having pudding (as if!) everyone else choose the lovely looking chocolate brownie, I went for the sticky toffee pudding, both (as I tried them both) tasted lovely, really sweet and felt like a very naughty treat!

I'd have loved to have stayed all day, drinking thu the wine list and relaxing by the fire place but we had to set off. Walking past the £5 buffet place with full and happy bellies!

If you're in Leicester, make a date with the the globe, your tummy will thank you!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leicester
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Came here for lunch and the bar tender/waiter was just lovely and so attentive which makes a change. I had a beautifully presented pork belly with a cream and cider sauce with chips and salad, it was perfectly cooked although the sauce was quite oily but everything else was spot on. My partner had fish and chips and I have never used this word to describe this dish before but it looked so elegant! The portions were a very good size as I didn't have room to have a dessert. We were made to feel very welcome and it is a relaxing place to spend a saturday afternoon so a big thumbs up!

• Visited April 2013
e sussex
“Lovely friendly pub with freshly prepped food and great beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice pub with a good selection of real beers and wine. Food is prepared freshly and from scratch, therefore catered for my allergy perfectly. Staff are friendly and knowledgable, with impeccable service. They young guy who took our food order was extremely efficient. It has a nice olde worlde atmosphere, with natural wood interior. We will be back.

Visited April 2013
Doncaster
“Amazing 3 Course meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited the globe for what we thought would be a nice 'pub grub' meal. It started with a friendly welcome and the experience and quality lasted throughout the evening.
We had cauliflower and cumin soup to start followed by belly pork on mash with a cider sauce and to finish we had sticky toffee pud and warm chocolate brownie. Drinks to start and after dinner drinks and the whole meal cost £45!
The quality of the food was amazing. We loved it and will be back - thank you! Well recommended x

Visited April 2013
Grimsby
“Can't rate highly enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here based on other recommendations on TA and wasn't disappointed. A very friendly welcome as soon as we walked in the door, good beer, great food all served in a pub with atmosphere with all it's nooks and crannies. It was pie and pint night when we went there (Tuesdays) and ordered the steak pie. A slab arrived big enough to sink a battleship with homemade short crust pastry just like my mum used to make. Noticed there were a lot of locals there having an afterwork drink, which is as good a reference as you need. Go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013