“Old style English pub with atmosphere.”
Review of The Globe

The Globe
Ranked #53 of 1,152 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Globe, Leicester is a fantastic traditional pub serving 7 real ales, two ciders and a huge whisky selection as well as wines and continental lagers...We serve fresh, seasonal and locally sourced pub grub everyday including a top notch, home-made Sunday roast every week and launching in late September 2012. We also have an upstairs restaurant which can cater for up to 50 guest dining or 80 enjoying a buffet.
Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
“Old style English pub with atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just went in for a quick pint and stayed for 2 hours --staff great and all sorts of different customers--atmosphere in spades with real ale and affordable wines. Don't miss it !!!

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leicester
“Nothing Special Really...”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

When I invited my parents and brother over for the weekend I booked a table here for Sunday Lunch since we had't had a meal together for a while. Things did not start out great as we were seated in a very dark alcove with only candles to light up the space, myself and my parents have bad eye sight so reading the menu was very difficult.
Most of us had the Sunday roast which was... ok but really it was nothing special, bit bland and dry to be honest and for the price of about £8 per person, it was not worth that at all. Also my Mum loves stuffing and was disappointed to find that there was no stuffing on her plate even though it was included on the menu.
So, yeah I don't think my family or I will be hurrying back any time soon I'm sorry to say.

• Visited October 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Venue and excellent food!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stumbled across this pub/bistro whilst wandering around Leicester town centre last weekend. I was travelling with family (brother and cousins all in our 30's) and so we decided to pop in for a quick drink as they advertised real ales. The place had a lovely traditional atmosphere and we settled down quite comfortably in the corner with our drinks. Both men serving behind the bar were friendly and welcoming and one spent the time to chat to my brother about various whiskey's. One drink turned in to two and we decided to book a table in there upstairs bistro for dinner after looking through the menu.
Again the bistro was tastefully furnished and had a really warm and relaxed atmosphere. I ordered smoked salmon platter for starter which was delicious! Served with lots of fresh bread and butter on a slate plate. A couple of us ordered the belly pork for main course (one of my fave dishes) and it's the best I've ever tasted! The portion sized were really generous and the quality of meat and way it had been prepared/cooked was top class. After all that I just managed to share a sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Again, this was brilliant.
The staff were friendly without being too 'in your face' and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Over all a brilliant place for any occasion, whether its a quick drink after work, lunch after shopping, evening out with friends or dinner with family.

I would just like to say a BIG thank you to all the staff. Working in the catering industry myself I understand how hard it is to get it right and always like to show my appreciation when it is!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Kim S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

A unique venue with a busy lively pub down stairs and a cosy bistro upstairs. My meal upstairs at the globe was without fault delicious. Service was with a smile and I look forward to dinning there again soon for Christmas party!

1 Thank EdieT1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get yourself to The Globe for food!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Myself and my partner went to The Globe to try their new gourmet menu. To sum it up in one word it would be 'Sensational'!!!

The atmosphere is great, the decor is perfect and feels really warm. The service is great and we felt really welcome.

I had the homemade steak and ale pie and it was perfectly cooked. My partner had the bellly of pork with crackling and that was superb.

I would highly recommend going to the globe for a meal.

It made our night even better as we were celebrating our 1 year anniversary