“Great turnaround!”

Ranked #16 of 1,206 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and crème brulee with our own take on regional favourites like confit de canard and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £11.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.95. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited Pierre Bistro a few months ago for two peoples birthday celebrations. We had a terrible experience.We waited ages before someone even took our order! The service was slow, half the food on the menu wasnt available and that was on a saturday night at 8.30pm! We complained to the area manager and from then on we were treated with respect. We were offered a replacement evening for the eight of us which reluctently we agreed to take. What a turnaround six months later! The staff treated us like royalty. The food was amazing! We observed that the rest of the diners were being treated exactly the same.Thankyou to all we will definatly be going back!!!

Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Wow, what a lovely review. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Hope to see in you again in Leicester or one of our other bistrots soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Must have eaten in Le Bistrot Pierre's' in the Midlands over 20 times now and the food is consistently yummy. This time we brought friends who had never been before and they loved it too. Sadly, I have noticed the portion sizes decreasing - it's ok for one off vistors as they don't know any better, but it leaves seasoned regulars wondering if they're getting value for money. Though at £14 for 2 courses, you can't really complain too much. Just don't stop the dauphinoise potatoes, they are seriously scrummy!

Thank you for writing a review and for introducing your friends to our bistrot. I'm sorry you thought the portion sizes had decreased; please accept my sincere apologies. I will ask our General Manager Tom to contact you to discuss your comments.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

As a visitor to Leicester, this was only the second time I have visited this restaurant - this time on my own - It was I am please to report it was as I remember it - the food and atmosphere was excellent. The staff could not have been more attentive.

I am in Leicester for a short while taking care of a aged relative and thanks to a few very good friends and neighbours manage to get a few hours for myself. This restaurant is the perfect place to meet friends and have a relaxing few hours away from the sometimes fraught responsibilities of caring for a much loved but very ill relative. I would highly recommend the Le Bistrot Pierre to any one who would like to spend an hour or so away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The food, atmosphere, and most importantly the staff are to my mind excellent.

1  Thank Johnmall132leeds

Thank you for your lovely comments John, we're so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had:
Roast garlic and artisan bread
Snails with garlic and her butter
Mackerel pâté
Rabbit and potatoe Rossi
1/2 roast chicken and chips (called something much more French in the menu!)
A bottle of merlot
Total £61-
Service was excellent, food was across the board fantastic. Only negative comment would be that the menus are too big, literally not figuratively, and this gives the feel of chain when the rest of the ambience is much more of a lovely city centre bistro. I am sure there are better meals out in Leicester - no idea where though. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your feedback. We do like to hear from our customers and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm really sad to report that I wasn't impressed by this restaurant. I'd been before, a couple of years back and loved it so I was really sad. We were seated at a nice table and chose our drinks. We ordered a nice bottle of wine, and our starter which was baked Camembert, served with celery, toasted bread and a very nice onion marmalade, simply yummy. Our plates were cleared very quickly and the mains served far too fast. The atmosphere of this place, and the price lends itself to an overall dining and long experience to fully appreciate the wine and food. I just felt we were being rushed.
The mains arrived which were ok, but really nothing to rave about and over seasoned, very salty.
Overall, I think this is a lovely place but as busy times they may try and rush you, which I think is a real shame.

1  Thank georgi004
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm sorry you felt rushed on this occasion; please accept my sincere apologies. Your feedback is appreciated, our General Manager Tom will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your visit in more detail. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.