“Glad I did”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #16 of 1,139 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Glad I did”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

After two previous visits (some time back) where I wasn't particularly happy with either the food or the service I visited the same restaurant again. Why I hear you ask? It was someone's birthday an this was the restaurant of their choice.

To be honest my hopes weren't high and I was hoping that it would be a quick affair ( the meal not the evening).

I am glad that I had been taken along for another meal here. This time my experience was a really different one. The menu had much more choice (vegetarian) and I really enjoyed my choices.

The tartlet starter was very delicate yet very tasty. The main choice of the rostis was a great one. Especially with the side portions of vegetables, my favourite was definitely the red cabbage and cranberries.

Everyone enjoyed their starters and mains. Unfortunately we didn't eat desert as we simply had our fill! Next time I may have main and desert!

Even the waiter was attentive and friendly which made the overall birthday evening an enjoyable one. I am glad that I did re-try this restaurant and hope my next visit will be as pleasurable.

Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and more importantly giving us a chance to redeem ourselves. We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and we hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

leicestershire
“Super food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Le Bistrot Pierre has it right - quite a French-style short menu plus weekly specials that they do really well, and very good service. In a city centre where mediocre restaurants dominate, this shows what can be achieved.

• Visited November 2012
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Really happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had lunch here the other day and were so pleasantly surprised.

The ambiance is very nice, the food was excellent and a really good value for money and the service was really friendly.

Our waitress Ana Carmo was kind, quick and cheerful.

I will definitely be going back.

• Visited November 2012
.Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hopefully we will see you again in Leicester or at one of our other restaurants soon.
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I have been here before and left always not very happy about the service which now seems improving. However the place wasn't very busy so I should try again soon. Food was nice...a shame the bread wasn't warm as usual and the risotto was overcooked. Overall good value so a good place to stop by if you are in town for shopping.

Thank you for your feedback. We do like to hear from our customers and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“WINE & DINE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We have visited this restaurant on many occasions. The service, ambience and food have never failed to please. This was our first time at their Wine & Dine evening, the menue selection comprised typical 'french' dishes each course accompanied with a glass of wine, pre-selected and explained by the knowledgeable staff. This meant we sampled wines that we may not have readily chosen. Thus a way of widening one's taste.All together a pleasant experience. Thomas's

• Visited November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we're so pleased you enjoyed your first Dine with Wine evening. Hope to welcome you back soon.