“Great”

Ranked #308 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here to attend a stag do in Blackpool.Owner was very friendly & helpful from the moment I stepped through the door.The room I stayed in was small but clean & had everything I needed in it.The hotel is close enough for a 5 min walk into Blackpool town but far enough to miss all the outside noises you would expect from a busy town.Bed was very comfortable & I slept really well.Breakfast was included in my room price & was very delicious.I would definitely stay here again

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JeMor

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Melissa met us on arrival, and escorted us to our rooms. So welcoming, and nothing too much trouble. The beds were a little hard, but still comfy and bed linen lovely. We had a sink in the room with plenty of space and en suite shower and w.c. The clocks went forward, so we were reminded of this the evening before just to confirm the times for breakfast. We were up a little earlier, and when I went outside for a cigarette, Melissa greeted me and said we could come down any time we wanted for our breakfast. We had everything we wanted, cereals, juice, and a lovely full English, tea coffee and toast. All really quality ingredients, a very much enjoyed. No bar, but excellent location for the tore lounge etc. roughly 5 min walk. I loved the way we were given a front door key, and could come and go as we pleased, which gave you a sense of safety and security. Well done Melissa, we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Bramaz
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Moorfield for 2 nights. The hotel is clean and well decorated. Really great breakfasts. Short walk from North Pier, Winter Gardens and Tower. The beds were good, The owner Melissa made us feel very welcome. Guess one down side was the lack of a chair in the room and a bit more space for the luggage. Also would have liked the en suite to have been slightly bigger with a sink in. But on the whole would recommend for short stays. good value for money. Oh yes they have a cat so don't book if you don't like cats !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for one night with our friends - another couple. We booked small double rooms, which were very small but for one night was absolutely fine. The room was clean, bed comfy and clean en suite bathroom. The hotel is in a perfect location being only a 5 - 10 minute walk onto the front where all the main attractions are. Also, just a 5 minute taxi ride or 15 min walk to all the bars and clubs .
Melissa the hostess was brilliant - very friendly, approachable and accommodating, she really couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was nice. Overall, for one night in blackpool this hotel was very nice and we would recommend it to our friends. Very reasonable prices too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Visited this hotel for the first time in October 2010 for a week. Had a lovely time there, management was lovely and made you feel very welcome. Enjoyed it so much that we stayed an extra night!!!
Food was lovely and service was great. Very Reasonable prices for stay and good location with just a 1 minute tram ride to main attractions. Would recommend to anyone and will defo be back next year.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank NickAmy03
Scotland
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We did enjoy our stay in the moorfield but did feel a little let down as we have stayed in Blackpool many times and this isnt what id expect from a hotel. I will be fair and say i booked for myself and husband then added my brother and cousin at a later date so they were good to accomodate us that way. In saying that the room was just a little small for all of us and if you want a little time out there are no chairs in the room as its too small so you have to sit on the beds. The room is en suite but the sink is out in the bedroom away from the toilet, we also found the bathroom more than just a little tight. My title is not as advertised because i didn't feel it was a hotel it was just like a run of the mill b&b. If it was advertised as a b&b there wouldnt be a problem i just expect a bit more from a hotel which is why we booked a hotel. Our main problem was they have a cat which was not stated when i checked their web page this is a big problem for my husband as he is allergic to cats.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Harrogate
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I read previous reviews on this hotel before I booked but nothing prepared me for the stay. The weather didn't help it poured with rain but you just didn't want to be left in the room for very long.
I don't think you can call this a hotel. It has no facilities. The room was as basic as could be. Portable tv, bunks and small double bed. It was the cost that shocked me £100 for a family room for 1 night! I was expecting something decent for that price.
The breakfast was ok but not spoilt for choice. No fruit, yoghourt and the cereals (4) were all super sweet.
Couldn't wait to get home!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family