“lots of stairs to room!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Avon Hotel

The Avon Hotel
and 1 more site!
The Avon Hotel
Ranked #394 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“lots of stairs to room!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed overnight recently.Was a little dissapointed with our room,was a little 'well worn',curtains were hanging from only a few hooks,decided to sleep on top of the bed,and wrap myself in the duvet.The lock was very unsafe on our room door,think it needs replacing.overall,the breakfast was ok,but the place was rather tired looking.But pleasant hosts.Try and avoid a room on the top floor!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hollyboo55

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Accrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front of house - flaking paint, dismall and derelict looking.
Room - as front of house, dismall and derelict looking
Bathroom - as front of house, dismall and derelict looking
Gasping for air after climbing 3 flights of very steep stairs!!!
Breakfast - very good - can't fault it
Proprieter obliging and helpful, took our cases to our room (as we arrived early and went shopping)
This 'Hotel'??? (more back street boarding house) is in GREATneed of a facelift and at £50.00 for a twin room plus breakfast for 2 people - we were robbed.
You can get cheaper deals at Premier Inn whose accommodation is light, spacious, modern and for an extra charge the breakfasts are absolutely fantastic (enough to feed an army!!)

Room Tip: My tip is - don't bother
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank liz2108
Snicket, Owner at The Avon Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.. We are also sorry you felt you could not tell us,in person.

We would never book anybody over the phone at the top of the hotel without pre- warning them of the stairs, of course some people do book online where the onus is on them to request a low room, or other special needs in the special request section... did you..?? or did you just take a chance..??

Its fortunate for us other Guests who have left reviews seem to have a different opinion to you about our rooms:-

“I give this Hotel 5*, will be staying here again when I visit Blackpool”

“Room had everything u need an very clean with modern décor”

“The Rooms are fantastic with plenty of room and I agree with another one of the reviews that the beds are soft and probably one of the best I have slept in, in a B&B”

But we will take on board what you say .

With regard to your comment about Premier Inn I can only agree with you they do offer good value for money, but you cannot stay in the Premier Inn in Central Blackpool on a Friday or Saturday night for £50 including breakfast… lets not forget the breakfast costs £8.25 per person and although the web site says from… £34.00 per room there are very few days when that price applies (you try doing the search). Also I am very interested to know why as you sing the praises of Premier Inns have you not reviewed any of their hotels, you have been submitting reviews on TripAdvisor since May 2010..??? and although you seem to indicate you have stayed at and enjoyed several Premier Inns you have not reviewed any of the stays…??

To close you said you enjoyed our breakfast ”It was very good - can’t fault it“.. Again working on the Premier Inn price of £8.25 per person for their breakfast and applying that to our rate.. And taking that away from the £50 you paid us e.g. £50 minus £16.50, it means bed only you stayed with us for £16.75 each a total of £33.50 for the room… There are hotels in Blackpool where you pay £20 Per Person, £40.00 room only and have to sleep on a mattress on the floor..

Once again we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.. I guess it’s a case of you cannot please all the people all of the time.

Oh and Dismall is spelt with only one L.. as in:-

Dismal is how I felt after reading your review. :-)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I came over to Blackpool to surprise my parents and booked to stay at Avon, I was a single traveller, upon arrival was greated by a lovely lady from the hotel, she was polite and friendly, told me about my room, the do' s and dont's without the attitude you get from some hotel owners, on my first morning breakfast was great by both the lady and gentleman of the hotel and I can not fault them for their excellent service I give this hotel 5*, well be staying here again when I visit Blackpool, many thanx Ali from Chesterfield.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank NanaAl
Snicket, Owner at The Avon Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Many thanks, Glad you enjoyed your stay..
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel & lovely ppl they really do go above an beyond an made our stay the best in Blackpool ever, room has everything u need an very clean with modern decor. Can't comment on breakfast as we got up to late an missed out :( great location would definetly stay again :-)))) x

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amandjamie0161
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have just returned from my third visit to the Avon and I would like to say thanks to Chris and Jeanette, I first discovered the Avon with my husband when we came for a night last year and on leaving I was so impressed I booked for myself and three friens who like the odd girlie weekend, we then rebooked for our May outing. I can honestly say the Avon is great it is idealy located 5 mins from shops and probably the same to the front. we are not young clubbing types and prefer to visit the pubs before ending up in the infamous Ma Kellys to watch the entertainment ( ha ha) The Avon is about a 10 min walk so if sober enough at the end of the night its not too far or only about a fiver in a taxi The rooms are fantastic with plenty of room and I agree with one of the other reviews that the beds are soft and probably one of the best I have slept in in a B and B, one of my friends is proper fussy when it comes to breakfast so we love the idea of being able to pre-order and pick and mix the breakfast items, Chris and Jeanette are great they are always around if you need them, but not OTT in your face as you find in some places and are genuinely lovely hardworking people this B an B is a gem would reccomend it for couples and small groups and cant wait for our next weekend away which will defo find us staying at the Avon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank cfb345
Neath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

perfect for the blackpool nightlife and attractions. Has parking which is a bonus and the staff were brilliant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sabrook
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

stayed here for 1 night on a girly weekend 31.3.12, service excellent breakfast fantastic, the bed was the best i have slept in ever in a bnb, would defo recommend and would love to come back next year, Only down side they was no bar but local shop next door was gd for booze.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends