“Ok food but expensive!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited on bank holiday august 2013, had to wait over 40 mins to be seated. Staff were friendly. Food was very average and touching on the cold side considering the high prices, this is not acceptable really. Shame

There are newer reviews for Frankie and Benny's

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whilst on a short trip away myself and my husband decided to go for a meal. We were expecting it to be nice as I had been to one in my local area. We were shown to our tale then sat there for 15 minutes still waiting for our drinks which were served to us by a waitress from the other side of the room. We then waited a further 15 minutes by which time the person who sat us down had walked past our table several times not even realising we still had menus and had still not ordered. In fact several waiters, had walked past and did not think to take our order. In the end my husband then walked up to a random waitress to ask that we be attended to. She then took our order, no apology. We got our food 25 minutes later. Within that time we were not approached to ask if we wanted a drink or if our order had been taken. When the food arrived I could believe I was paying 11 quid for scampi which was overlooked with a measley, decrepit looking salad. I did not ask for chips so expected something a bit more substantial. We were then approached to ask if it was alright but this was near the time when we would have been about to pay, as can be expected no tip was going to be given. My husbands cheesy bacon fries were french fries coated in a bright yellow runny cheese, the sort of cheese you get on a burger but melted in to liquid form with a bit of cut up bacon in top, very poor. His lasagne was also overdone. The whole meal came to 30 quid. The service was awful, the customer service was awful and the food was that dire, I spent the early hours of she morning feeling incredibly ill. Will never eat there again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

was disgusted with this place i went in for an evening meal whilist i was on holiday over there last week. i waited over 40 minutes for someone to take my order and when i was brought my food what a huge let down all i wanted was a burger and fries and all savourys on the side but instead the burger was the barbaqued version with a moulded type thing on the top of it that was suppose to be cheese it was white greyish colour i was horrified to what happened next and please be warned this is not for the faint hearted i was about to taste the burger and out of nowere crawled this maggott type thing with about a hundred legs i nearly collapsed i had alreday by this stage eaten two bites. i just wasnt able to bring myself to complain as the waitress was so lovely twords me a mature lady i just felt so disgusted and she never even asked why didnt i eat my meal she just took it away and brought desert i couldnt even bring myself to eat it. i ordered the apple and rasberry crumble with vanilla ice cream it was a bad shade of pale cream and the moment i attempted to try it the crumble just turned to slush and it looked awful no substance or quality to it. i went there as a treat cause its not cheap but was violated completely i just got up left £15 the meal was £10.50 special and the drink was i,d say about £2.50 didnt even care if it cost more than £15 or less i walked out feeling robbed and cheated and vindicated. furthermore if your thinking of celebrating a birthday there DONT i saw 6 birthday,s go on in the short time i was there. the staff have gotten too complacent with the birthdays it seems to be more of a chore to them now cause all they seem to want to do is get the food out and take orders. i heard that c.d play 6 times in the spce of an hour happy birthday followed by congradulations the staff walk over with the birthday cake and then its business as usual its like a moment of do i really have to this again from the staffs point of view. i will never understand how so many people get sucked in by frankie and bennys its just a name now its all owned by share holders the real inspiration is well gone. the food is sub standered but dont take my word for it go and waste your own money to see for yourself. in my final review of frankie and bennys they are preying on unsuspecting holiday revellers who like me were looking forward to a delicious meal from such a supposed traditional place like frankie and bennys. its a first and a last time for me.

2  Thank albert r
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Been here on numerous times staff are friendly food has always been good a little bit on expensive side tho

1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited this evening for my daughter s birthday along with 4 family members & were all extremely disappointed, my daughter was extremely hungry but unfortunately we had to wait an hour for food no apology no approach, we normally love this chain as previously we have visited numerous different ones the staff are so friendly & attentive oh not tonight, we went n found our waitress who advised us she d tell them too rush!!! When we eventually got our food my poor mum s scampi was burnt to a crisp but she asked me not to complain as we d have to wait ages again & she wanted all to just eat together unfortunately part of my meal was missing & I had to go try track the waitress down again, there was no approach for more drinks at any point. I think maybe you were understaffed on this evening but it wasn't even busy ?? Very very disappointing & will not be returning, we visited once nearly 2 years ago & were not impressed with the place but hoped there may have been some improvement it has just slipped further down hill, I hate to write negative reviews but would hate anyone else to have such an unpleasant experience.