“Good food”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A great Italian 1950's-style restaurant, with great period music, b/w period photos on the walls, lovely food, and even Italian pronunciation lessons playing on a loop in the loos!!!

1  Thank Poltwhistle

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went for the first time after it being recommended to us and we weren't disappointed. Yes it is a little expensive for what it is but you are also paying for the experience and atmosphere, which we thought was great. Waited longer than we'd have like for drinks but the food was nice and the courses flowed well. Can highly recommend the Long Island Ice Tea. I had the 2 person pitcher to myself...............next time i may have the 4, it tasted amazing! Will def return and hopefully in the not too distant future! Would imagine when it is very busy, the service would be a little frustrating but that wouldn't out me off.

1  Thank DebsP713
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's the first and last time I went to Frankie and Bennys. I purchased the 2 course £10.95 menu and started with the flat mushrooms which came out as two tiny mushrooms (not portobello or a large type as I was expecting).
For my main I ordered the burger which tasted cheap and came with oven baked chips. To wash it down I decided on a glass of Coke which I later found out cost £2.60.
The staff were pleasant enough. If I was in the area again I'd just pop into McDonald's next door for a meal around £6. Not Frankie and Bennys at a rip off 13.50!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We visited at just after the lunch time special offer so had to pay full price.
Service was good and the food tasted fine although a larger portion would have helped.
Prices were a little steep compared to say Harvester/Beefeater and this point was made worse by our missing the early bird lunch option.
We would visit again but earlier in the day.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Came on a Sunday night so not that busy so got good waiter service.Had a calzone pizza which was lovely.Place itself was very clean and the staff polite and welcoming.The price was about average with the starters and drinks.Very pleased overall.