“Need to work on consistency”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #237 of 741 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Blackpool
“Need to work on consistency”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here 3 times and ordered the same thing everytime (chicken and prawn Alfredo) because the first time I had it it was excellent. The second time I ordered it sadly it wasn't as good as it didn't have a lot of sauce on the pasta. This usually would put me off ordering it again but it was that good the first time I decided to give it one more try. However, last time I went but it was awful. The pasta was almost dry and what sauce there was was COMPLETELY tasteless (quite an achievement for something that is supposed to be Cajun!). I complained to the waiter who took it away and brought me a fresh dish. The replacement was excellent, just like the first time I had eaten here. Which begs the question, why wasn't it right the first time round.

Sadly these inconsistencies means it will be a while (if ever) before I try and eat here again.

Glossop, United Kingdom
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff were very attentive quick service great food. I go to Frankie and Bennys on occasions where I don't know the areas that well for food as we never get a bad meal for them. And on this occasion they didn't disappoint. We went on a Monday where it is better value for the food because of the Monday madness deal, and also not as many people in the restaurant so the service was better than it probably would be on a busy weekend.

1 Thank StuandMar85
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of going for a meal here after the pictures and wish I had not bothered .The service was poor ,the food was dire (my granddaughter had fish and chips which was rock hard ) The staff were very un attentive, when clearing the table they didnt even notice hardly any of the food had been eaten !! .The kitchen was filthy and the meal was expensive .Never again

1 Thank Rob B
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Frankly Brilliant”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are regular visitors to Frankie and Benny's and can honestly say we have never had a bad meal. The service is always friendly but can sometimes be a bit slow when its really busy, which is understandable. The staff and management are always pleasant, even when they are rushed off their feet. You have got to try their Calzones, they are the dogs do dahs. Cant remember the place ever being really quiet, which speaks volumes for quality and service.

1 Thank Patsy T
Lytham
“Poor food, decent service”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Eaten there twice and on both occassions the food was poor. The spaghetti meatballs appeared microwaved, and for almost £20 the large mixed grill was shocking value and not very well cooked.

• Visited October 2012