“Best visit yet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #176 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Best visit yet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had the Sunday 2 courses for £10.95 deal.
The Calzone pizzas were well filled, covered in a tasty tomato sauce and were cooked to our liking. We had Waffles and pancakes for dessert, they were fresh and yummy.
The atmosphere was good and the service could not be faulted.
Living only a few miles away we use this place pretty regularly, but this was the best visit yet.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank David C

“Slow and poor service at weekends”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Very slow and poor service. Might be as Saturday but we were told a 40 min wait. Turned into over an hour plus longer once order placed. Food was average. Perhaps just avoid Saturday's!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jayjerry
“In over an hr all we had received was a garlic bread .....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had booked a table for 8pm. On arrival I was informed the table was not ready and to wait in bar area and have a drink. 10 minutes later the table was ready.

Our waiter was friendly and polite and took our order. He even offered to bring the kids meals with the starters which was great.

10 minutes later our starter arrived, no kids meals. The garlic bread was consumed. Still no kids meals......

50 minutes later the waiter came and asked if everything was OK. We said we would be OK if we had our food!! 10 minutes later the kids meals arrived.... The spag bold was hot but the chicken strips meal was luke warm at best.

10 minutes later a manager arrived at our table and informed us that our mains were on their way. I explained how dissatisfied I was and how the waiter had offered the kids meals with the starters and yet in over an hour all we had received was a garlic bread. He apologised and said he would get our meals.....

10 minutes later (and another trip to the bar later as we were not offered a drinks order) our mains arrived ..... minus the side of fries we had ordered. I asked where these were and 10 minutes later these arrived. They brought two as a way of saying sorry.

We arrived at the restaurant at 8pm and left at 22:45 with a 4 and 5 year old. They gave us the kids meals for free but quite frankly I was disgusted with the whole evening.

I don't know what I expected. Every time I visit that place there is always something wrong. Either Luke warm food, half the order missing or a lengthy wait. I will NOT be revisiting!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stiffmeister7
blackpool
“Always good food and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I eat at Frankie and Bennys often, They do a nice lunch time menu aswell as the main menu, theres something for everyone.
Child-friendly - my daughter gets a balloon every time!
Its good for lunch with friends, couples, or families
Never had a bad meal

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank emma t
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service , Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

A bit of the beaten track but a short walk from the promenard. Very friendly service. Food was good with a good choice of menu.

Visited September 2012