“Very pleasant stay, get what you pay for!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #709 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We went to a function at the Hilton hotel which was ideal as it was just over the road. As soon as we arrived we did look at the hotel sort of wishing this one wasn't ours as it appears dated and tired however when we walked in we were greeted by a pleasant lady on reception who saw to us straight away and made us feel very welcome.

The place is old fashioned but has a homely feel. Our room was ideal for us, basic and clean, just a base for our stay. Everything was working and in order, the shower was lovely and warm and it was nice and peaceful. We decided to venture into the town later on in the eveing which was a £3 journey up the road in a cab or a ten minute walk along the prom. (good for some fresh air after a night out)

We slept very well, bed very comfortable and the breakfast was very nice and fresh. The owner was friendly and helpful.

This hotel is cheap and cheerful! You get what you pay for and should ignore the snobs who expected their stay here to be like the Ritz even though they are only paying about £35!!!! It is certainly not the Ritz however over all it is convenient and clean and we had a good laugh making the most of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed April 26, 2010

we have stayed at this hotel before and havent had one problem with the room,meals,or owners.
one one occasion we had to cancell our booking and the lady was fine with us and gave us a refund.the following week we re-booked,and stayed.
had no problems whatsoever.we never have had.
i really dont understand why people seem to be dissapointed with the hotel.never mind,we stay there and will continue too,one thing i did notice this time and that is their seems to have been a few changes,renovation work i think.also with our evening meal,gorgeous food,we had complimentary drinks from the bar.
we will be going again.
thank you to the owners for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I intially booked 2 rooms 1 for myself and my family and the other for my elderly grandparents. The total price was £224 we paid half to secure the rooms then everything changed.My grandmother fell ill and i rang the hotel manager to see what would happen if we were to cancel the double room but keep the family room we had booked she promised to look into this for us and call us back. She stil hadnt phoned back 3 days later so i phoned her she became very rude and started shouting at me over the phone some of the langage is unrepeatable all because i wanted to know what would happen to the balance of the money (the room we cancelled was £89 and we had paid £112) I assumed the balance would just come off the money we owed but she couldnt grasp what i was saying.I naturally got quite irrate when i was getting shouted at and foul language was being thrown at me so she passed the phone to a very abrupt man who still couldnt answer or grasp what i was asking. THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE to be honest they were quite willing to take money not so quick to resolve money matters. They told me if they could rent the room out again then we would get a full refund but if not we would lose the full amount £112 when the room only cost £89 ?????????? how do you work that out. I would never have booked this particular hotel had i have read these reveiws first. I have small children 1 of which has severe athsma when i read about the damp and then examined the photos you can see the wallpaper bubbling up and in some pics the actual damp on the wall especially in the family room but think the most disturbing reveiw is the 1 someone left about the male manager walking around with a cigarette in his mouth in this day and age you cant smke in a public place let alone a hotel it beggars beleif. HOLIDAY MAKERS BEWARE i lost all my money and have had to book with another hotel but i have informed the lancashire and blackpool tourist board so watch this space.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank darlingtonjosiejo
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Good points: - Breakfast was well prepared, very tasty, cooked well and you could help yourself which is always a good thing. There were home made toffee apples too which i didnt try but they looked good.

- Shower fine

Bad points:
- bed was uncomfortable..could feel the springs very much
- Hotel dated and room smelled rather damp (wallpaper mouldy and peeling off in room) and main parts smelled like cigarettes
- Room not clean. i.e. hairs on bathroom floor

in short - good breakfast, not so good accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

After reading reviews of this hotel and I was staying there with 4 children I arrived with some trepidation. But I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and smelt fresh. The bathroom was clean and toiletries were supplied. There was ample tea and coffee making facilities and also biscuits supplied. The buffet breakfast was excellent with exta toast and tea or coffee if needed. I would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family