“Rude people”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #709 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I booked on line to go to Blackpool with my son I changed the room so my son could take a friend We arrived at the hotel. I sent my son in to see about parking. A scruffy looking woman came out to tell me she had a problem that they had over booked. She told me to shut up and listen then she turned round and said that I had to work with her and that I was to have two single beds pushed together and I was to sleep with the two boys. When I said no she became very rude. I said u supprised you get ant guests at all. She said that she was not rude although I had witnesses. I asked for my refund she told me I would have to wait till Tuesday. I really wouldn't advise anyone to stay here. She ruined my day!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank 2010traceyb

Reviewed April 17, 2011

Extremely disceiving, and the smell just made us want to physically vomit!
We arrived, got checked in after squashing into the lobby! We were welcomed by the owner who seemed pretty helpful until we were forewarned about noise before we had even put our bags down! From walking through the front door the overwhelming smell lingered all the way through, a mixture of dogs, foist, cigarettes and damp... disgusting! The room was not big enough to swing a cat never mind accommodate a group of us! I had never seen a room decorated in car boot sale items before until now! It was filthy, stunk, the carpet in the bathroom was a risk, fair enough the shower worked, great! The TV was a joke, not that we went to watch TV. The beds were ok but we had to spray the bedding before sleeping in it due to the vile lingering smell! We were told not to use the window? The dust and cobwebs were all part and parcel of this grey towelled room! We were then told by the guy, again smoking, that we should keep the noise down at night, even though we had already been warned! The breakfast was ok, I've had better in BHS though nothing flash like this lot are talking about! Hotel rating should be reviewed, how on earth it got the first star never mind the other two I'll never know?
Faulty Towers comes to Blackpool!
I do not recommend this dive to anybody!!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Pointswinprizes
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We were very impressed with the quality for a very cheap B&B in lovely Blackpool.The owners were tip-top, nothing was too much trouble for them.Very clean and tidy with a super restaurant/bistro. Breakfast was also lovely-plenty of it and cooked to perfection.....just a short walk from shops and banks as well as fine nightlife. I would not hesitate to spend time there again or to recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Close to all major amenities ....just a short wal
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Booked last minute, superb hospitalty and food from arrival. Faultless service with a smile at all times and food, drink brilliant.

Partner taken ill and owners were second to none in arranging a doctors visit and ensured that she was fine and well.

Close enough to the town but far enough away to be away from the stag and hen do area, quiet location and surroudings.

Lovely owners and exceedingly helpful and friendly.

Well serviced by local bus routes and Trams.

50yards from prom and beach!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel last october for a weekend,there were five in our party of which two were children,the rooms were a little nostalgic but they served there purpose,the breakfast is spot on which is self service although they could stop playing the theme to schindlers list in the background.
The price for our stay was very good compared to others online,the attractions were a bit of a trek away,but the trams were regular.
The landlady was very helpful and even though we checked out on the sunday morning let me keep my car there until that evening.i would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Clean rooms, good breakfast and great service. friendly satff and ideal location

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We are yet again relaxed and happy after our recent stay at The Derby Lodge.

The Hotel is a lovely small hotel, and we have been visiting this Hotel at least once a year for the last 5 or 6 years and have no reason to complain.

We have always found the owners to be accomodating and friendly, and nothing has
ever been too much trouble for them. I have travelled to many many places throughout the world and the Derby Lodge is like going home.

The only changes we notice with the Hotel when we visit are positive ones. The
owners have spent time and money, careful thought and consideration to peoples
comfort and are constantly upgrading the rooms and the changes are really
fantastic.

I have not stayed anywhere else in Blackpool since discovering the little gem that is the Derby Lodge. The Breakfast Buffet is unlimited and is freshly cooked and has a good choice for even the fussiest of eaters. The Bistro menu also has a wide range of foods for all tastes , and the food is gorgeous, freshly cooked to order, well presented and value for money, in fact we never manage to finish our meals as the portions are so generous.

We will certainly be going back, in fact we have already booked again for the
New Year celebrations, as there is nowhere else we would rather be.

We are regular clients of the Derby Lodge Hotel and Restaurant and will continue
to be so.