Michael Wan's Mandarin Cantonese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 713 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lancashire-based Michael Wan's Mandarin was established in 1961. The purveyor of Cantonese cuisine is lauded as "superb," "fantastic," "delicious and consistent," with "fabulous food," by the critics on TripAdvisor, landing it a spot as one of the top 10 Chinese restaurants in the UK based on customer reviews. Signature dishes include Twice Cooked Pork, Gon Siu Crispy Beef and Huan San Fish and Tofu Stew.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

I had the banquet with my daughter. It had the barbecued ribs , spring rolls, chicken satay, crispy seaweed, prawns, for starters. We had the wonton soup, then chicken with cashew nuts, sweet and sour selection and a beef dish in a sizzling plate.
It was basically alright but nothing to crow home about. My eight year old daughter told me that the ribs were dry which they were when I tried it. Indicative of reheated dish .
The ambiance was perfect though. It feels as if you are in a time warp and transported back to Shanghai circa 1940s.
But for a restaurant, you go there to get gustatory satiety, not visual perfection.

• Polish first
York, United Kingdom
“One night was enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Brilliant food and staff we eat here each time we visit Blackpool, and has always been delicious!,and they remember us from the year before,great service,can't fault it WELL DONE

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Joannie2009
Derby
“Great chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We dined here while a family trip to Blackpool after looking at the reviews on trip advisor. Very glad we came. Nice pleasant service and we found a lovely bottle of Rose wine to start (Zinfandel)
We dined with our children which was no problem. A children's menu was presented after we asked though. The food was great, maybe just a little overpriced, but for us it was worth it. This is what we had, and would recommend-
Starters- BBQ spare ribs (best I've had for a while) and chicken and sweetcorn soup, again lovely-with lots of fresh chicken!
Mains (please excuse spelling)
Chicken szechaun and the crispy beef with a chilli and garlic sauce. The rice was tasty and chips were nice. Nice little place. Would recommend

1 Thank sarah046
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Nice food, very tasty and good service. Prawn toast was very fishy though, which made it taste very unfresh so I wouldn't reccomend that. Also, the ribs were very gristly. Would go again though.

Visited April 2012
Andover, United Kingdom
“What a gem.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Believe everything you read on this restaurant's reviews. What wonderful food and fabulous staff. Sounds corny, I know, but they make you feel like you are one of the family, they are so welcoming. Chinese food is my least favourite but I must say my husband has triumphed in bribing me to eat here. Can't tell you what with!

Visited March 2012