Glen Guest House
$57
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

$72
$67
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

$112
$101
The Carousel Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$66
$54
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $62/night.

Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
$98
$89
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Fortuna House Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$59
$63
PremierInn.com
All reviewshost johnsafe journeyface wipesrobes and slipperslittle extrasrooms are beautifully decoratedthought of everythingdressing gownsthe perfect hostoff road parkingbreakfast was amazingbottled waterextra touchesshower gellovely guesthousemy partneramazing weekend
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first visit to The Glen, and certainly won't be the last. From the moment I arrived John was the most welcoming and accommodating host, and the place itself is both well appointed and convenient.
The guest house was spotless, the rooms large and very comfortable bed. As you would expect, the breakfast was top notch and nothing was too much hassle. I was very sorry to leave!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Ed,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review for the Glen Guest House. I really do appreciate your kind words. It was my pleasure to have you stay and I am already looking forward to your next visit. Maybe next time stay a bit longer!!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have just returned from Blackpool, fiancee planned it all for our anniversary & boy am I glad she did. We checked in as you do, John (the owner) met us with a warm welcome & a friendly smile. He immediately introduced us to his gorgeous Westie dogs, Barney & Molly, adorable. After we explained we were visiting for our anniversary he dashed off asking us to give him 5 minutes, he then showed us to our room, in a word "beautiful". The room was plush with so many comforts & all those little extras that set it apart from other guest houses, including a box of chocolates placed on our bed (that's why John disappeared for those 5 minutes). John's careful attention to detail makes it truly a home away from home. For any of you that know the famous Carlsberg advert slogan, it would go something like this, "If Carlsberg could create a Guest House, it would probably be the best guest house in Blackpool". Thanks John for doing such a great job, for making our weekend special, we have not only come away with great memories but someone we now consider to be a friend x

Room Tip: We were in room 3 with a very spacious luxury bathroom

Dear Aaron & Marie,
To say I blushed when I read your review is an under statement, even though you don't believe me.
What can I say except thank you so very much for your kind words. From the minute you both walked through the front door, I felt a connection with you.
It was definitely my pleasure to look after you both and have you stay at The Glen. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here.
You are such good singers also and it was great to hear you sing at Karaoke in Roxy's.
It's true what you said about becoming friends and I am looking forward to my trip to Newcastle once the season finishes in Blackpool.
Thanks again
John xx

Reviewed September 18, 2013

we have left the hotel today we had a warm welcoming from john and two westie dogs lol clean room bed was like a marshmellow really soft breakfast filled us till the evening great selection enjoyed our stay and would like to stay another time

Dear Helen,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your weekend at the Glen. It was my pleasure to look after you and I hope you will come and see us again when back in Blackpool.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Was a look lovely room bed was very comfy. Small shower room however enough for your needs. great breakfast cooked to order. The room was very ckean and looked after. Had good service from the owner and a file left will lots of useful information

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for leaving your review for the Glen Guest House. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

What more can we say other than pure perfection, the host, the rooms, the food, just everything. If we were to score out of 10 we'd give it 15! Impressed - not half! We have stayed in Blackpool for odd weekends for a number of years, but never again will we stay anywhere else other than with John at The Glen. What a pleasure it was to meet such a friendly, caring, attentive host, who goes out of his way to please his guests and, to do it all single handed, he deserves a GOLD MEDAL. The attention to detail everywhere in the guest house is second to none. Ranked 8 out of 856 guest houses in Blackpool just isn't good enough, it should be number 1! We would most certainly recommend this guest house to absolutely anyone. Thank you John for a very enjoyable stay, and we'll see you again in January 2014!

Room Tip: Any room's a good room if you stay with John at The Glen, as the guest house is situated away from the hustle and bustle, but within easy reach of everything you need.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Tom & Wendy,
What can I say? Thank you so very much for such a lovely review. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I am looking forward to your return in January.
It shows that I am doing something right when guests take the time to acknowledge it.