“Excellent - Especially if you have dietry requirements.”
Review of Kwizeen Restaurant

Kwizeen Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 763 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: European, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My partner and I were having a weekend in Blackpool and 'googled' places to eat that could cater for her gluten and dairy intolerances. Kwizeen was mentioned so we 'phoned on the Friday to book for the Saturday evening. Fully booked, which in itself must be a good sign! The web site does ask you to book in advance if you have special dietary requirements. However, they were happy to book us in for the Friday evening as they were quieter, even though I mentioned the diet. When we arrived we were a little dubious as the area seems a bit run down, however, once inside the restaurant all doubts were gone, as we were welcomed very warmly by the waiter and the chef. The chef explained that once he received our call he went to the local shop to purchase dairy free butter so he could make gluten and dairy free bread. You can't get better service - or fresher bread than that! The chef explained to Karen the items on the menu and how he could adapt them for her. This may not have been possible on a very busy evening, so again I would emphasise it would always be best to book a few days in advance. The meals (three courses each) were excellent and very reasonably priced. The service was very good, and the slight wait for food was only because it was all cooked fresh to order, not microwaved. In any case, the chef brought out 'nibbles' and warm bread rolls whilst we were waiting for our starter. The couple on the table next to us were local people who told us that Kwizeen had been under the same ownership for many years and was popular with locals. This must say something about the establishment! All in all a very pleasant evening - thank you Tony and Marco.

1  Thank cromerboy

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Top quality food, in a surprising location.

I'd recommend to the owners that they move to a better location, as I'm sure this restaurant would be far better suited to a more affluent area.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After returning to the UK and Blackpool from South East Asia it is a nice restaurant to visit the food is equal to anything we eat in Asia or anywhere else for that matter and the friendly staff make it a must visit restaurant in Blackpool. They tell us that they are going to completely change the menu in the next few weeks (hope we are still in Blackpool for that), for start I had the Bury Black Pudding, Wilted Greens, Poached Egg and followed by a really nice Sirloin Steak with Peppered Mushroom Sauce, Salad, Chunky Chips and my wife had Garlic Mushrooms with cheese and followed that with Chicken Breast and Pugh’s Sardinian Porketta Roulade,all was first class it is a really great restaurant.

Keep up the good work/food.

2  Thank David G
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited Kwizeen tonight and were pleasantly surprised by the service and quality of food. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant if you want excellent food in a relaxed and friendly environment. Thank you, we will most certainly be returning.

1  Thank Paula H
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant to celebrate my birthday.the staff were warm and friendly, they couldn't of done more to make us feel welcome. The evening got off to a fantastic start when the waiter produced a bottle of wine which our sons had ordered as a surprise,. While we waited for our starters we were presented with a lovely little basket of fish and chips each, they were delicious. Soon after, the waiter returned with a " Swiss roll!!" a mixture of homemade brown and white bread with a hint of sweetness, a knife and tub of butter!, it was very difficult to stop ourselves from eating the lot!!! Luckily we had decided to share the starter of soufflé which was superb. The main courses of steak and rack of lamb were cooked to perfection. Unfortunately we couldn't manage a dessert!! We highly recommend you give this restaurant a try