“Highly Recommended”

Cuisines: European, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Kwizeen remains one of my favourite restaurants on the Fylde Coast, I recently visited to celebrate my boyfriends birthday & we had a fabulous night. As always we enjoyed browsing the menu which is always full of fresh local ingredients, while we were deciding we were given a mini portion of fish & chips to enjoy too! Once we'd ordered we were offered some warm bread rolls which were also delicious!
I opted for garlic mushrooms to start which were really tasty, while my partner devoured the Bury Black Pudding! For mains we both chose the Goosnargh Duck & weren't disappointed, cooked to pefection & served with vegetables & a delicious sauce!

We both had a couple of G&Ts and a couple of soft drinks but sadly couldn't find room for a pudding.. Still the bill was under £50 which I think is great value for money for such a fabulous meal.

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I emailed this restaurant to book a table for 7 as the website said they cater for special dietary requirements and my girlfriend is a coeliac (gluten/wheat intolerant) I received a prompt reply from Marco (chef) who promised to bake fresh gluten free bread for my girlfriend and would also advise what was GF on the menu when we arrived.

Upon arrival and true to his word Marco had baked fresh bread for my girlfriend and this tasted lovely. He also announced that what ever she chose off the menu he could amend it to guarentee it to be GF.

Our meal and whole evening was fantastic, from excellent front of house staff to fantastic food and drink I really can't complain about anything. Not one member of our party had a negative point!!

As you can imagine having a gluten free diet and eating out can often end in disappointment but due to the attention and knowledge of Marco and team my girlfriend was relaxed and fully confident the food she was eating was 100% GF.

I have recommended this restaurant to several friends and family members and I will also be suggesting Kwizeen to the Coeliac magazines and websites as its really refreshing to be able to eat there with no doubts about the quality of food. Congrats Marco and team and I look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great food, great atmosphere, great prices and great staff.
A restaurant that adds those all important little things like complimentary bread brought to the table, and a complimentary little fish and chips sample.
Excellent value and choice, will be back very soon and very regulary

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went here a while ago, and am reviewing a bit late.

I was looking for something to suit both me and my 11-yr old son, maybe not the easiest thing, and we usually ended up at Italian places as the easy answer. We stumbled on this place, and I was drawn by the interesting and ambitious menu. My t-shirt and jeans didn't really match the restaurant's aspirations, but they were fine about it.

The food was great. Imaginative without being too flashy, well prepared, attentively cooked. The best we've eaten in Blackpool by some distance. Son finished with the home-made ice cream, which he announced was "awesome".

Atmosphere was slightly odd - few people eating, and the couple who were there when we arrived had clearly had a few drinks and weren't there in particular for the food.

It must be hard to try to serve serious food at reasonable prices in a place like Blackpool, where most nights out revolve around lots to drink and food serving only as fuel (not a put-down, I enjoy those times myself), but these guys do it extremely well in the circumstances.

Don't go if you want themed Valentines night menus and obsequious service.

Do go if you appreciate good food made by people who care about what they do, and if you want to support small local businesses which are clearly there for more than just a fast buck.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Fabulous locally sourced food. Lovely atmosphere. Attentive but not overbearing staff. Reasonably priced. Excellent food.