The Hotel Wilmar
  • Bar/Lounge
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
View Hotel
All reviewshome from homepleasure beachb blearning disabilityfamily loveplace to stayon arrivalvisiting blackpoolperfect hostssecond to nonefriendly welcomemoment you arriveexcellent staycouldn't do enoughnothing is too much troublestayed in the family roomfreeview tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my 2nd visit to The Wilmar (Myself, my mother, my daughter and her friend), a 3 night stay, and I will definitely be going back again. Derek and Rhianon are, in my opinion, the perfect hosts - I hesitate to call them hoteliers as staying there is like a home from home. They are very friendly and welcoming, and there was a cup of coffee in my hands within 5 minutes of arriving, and Derek helped us with our cases up to the extremely clean rooms, with very comfy beds, complimentary bottles of water, chocolates on the pillow, and freeview TV. The breakfast is awesome - you choose what you want from an extensive list on arrival, but your choices can also be altered each day if you require, and it tastes out of this world, the best English breakfast I have tasted anywhere. The location is 5 mins from the Pleasure Beach, which pleased the kids, and I got parked right outside the hotel. Derek gave us travel advice about where to go, and had discount vouchers for some places. They both checked regularly that everything was ok and if they could do anymore for us. All in all, for a 3 star hotel, I received 5 star service and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Blackpool - Even the prices are very reasonable - Cheap prices, but no corners cut on service or experience .. Thanks Derek and Rhianon, and we look forward to staying there again

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect for staying in
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kev G
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great hosts! Very welcoming and helpful!!
Great service !! Great value!! Great breakfast!!
Good location and parking!!
Enjoyable stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackpool first time !! Had a great weekend!
Derek and reanne have a great business and enjoy their work!!

Room Tip: Top floor are bigger and quieter , my preference , but I booked late and was open golf weekend This place will get better and better!! Great work Derek and reanne..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thefrontroom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband, brother and my two children stayed at the Wilmar at the beginning of April this year for about 3 or 4 nights, and we could not fault a thing. The owners went out of their way to check that we were satisfied with the room on arrival, left us to settle in, and we enjoyed the breakfast (Full English!), set us up for the day ahead. Very generous portion sizes for those who have a hearty appetite.

The atmosphere was lovely, rooms were clean and the owners have a fantastic rapport with guests.

If we ever return to Blackpool in the future, we'll try our best to book again with the Wilmar Hotel.

Room Tip: We had the family room and it was well equipped to cater for all ages and had a flexible lay out, with bunk beds in one area of the room and the other had a double bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Boab_12
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Wilmar for a few days this week.It is in a quite street yards for the pleasure beach.The first thing that strikes you is the friendly welcome.The room was clean and beds comfortable.Best of all was a really hearty full English in the morning.I will return as soon as I am able.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank James H
Reviewed July 15, 2012

If your looking for a well run and friendly place to stay then the hotel Wilmar is the one for you. The location is perfect for the pleasure beach as you can see it from the front door of the hotel. Also it is very simple to enter the main part of Blackpool, there are Tram services which are just on the front and run regularly or you can take a long leisurely walk on the front. We have stayed at the hotel Wilmar, seven times now and will continue to stay there. The welcome is always the same, friendly and accommodating and you are made to feel right at home. The breakfasts are excellent, home cooked and a wide variety to choose from. You can have anything from a piece of fruit to a full English. The rooms are always clean and tidy and have all the basic facilities you need, also if you need anything like extra tea, milk, etc nothing is too much trouble for Derek and Rhian. Thank you for another excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple